cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you store yours?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

How do you store yours?

Slightly unusual topic but i thought it would be interesting to see who the smart ones are.

A year or 12 back, McVities revealed that the chocolate on their biscuits was indeed the bottom part - makes sense as that's where you'll taste the flavour.  I had wondered about it myself but assumed people would think me nuts for eating them that way and so i carried on like most, with teh chocolate side up.

So with that in mind a couple of years ago i found myself getting increasingly annoyed at having to turn my phone around every time i pulled it out of my pocket and wanted to use it. As a consequence, i now stick my phone in my pocket upside down and when i grab it out with my hand and bring it up to use / see, it's then the right way up. Likewise i now do this with the bottle of alcohol gel i carry in my pocket too. Yes it goes against the grain of the general population but it's practical - very practical.

So how do you store yours?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES 12
Fixes: 1,130

Re: How do you store yours?

Always put it in my pocket upside down- thought everybody did!
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

If I put my phone in my pocket, it naturally goes in upside down, unless it is in the 'Shock-sock' protective case, then it's right way up - easier to open the case.

In the case of the hand-gel, always right way up in my bag - I know it shouldn't leak, but...... Smiley

John
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

As one who never carries a mobile phone around, I am so glad I don't have this earth shattering problem. 😉

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Hero
Fixes: 30

@7up wrote:

So how do you store yours?

In a pouch with a belt loop - upside down. Easier to put in or take out.

Biscuits - choc side up.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Hero
Fixes: 5

Whether mobile or house-phone, in the pocket upside down.

Chocolate biscuits chocolate side up from the opened packet stored in the freezer.  If I remember I'll try eating one chocolate side down when I have my coffee around noon today.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@RobPN 🤣

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Who cares what way up they are as long as they have chocolate on them 🤣

Hero
Fixes: 30

@Mayfly The biscuits, the phone, or both?  😉

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Hero
Fixes: 9

Which leads me on to another important question:  What do you do with your chocolate teapot?  Most people think it's absolutely useless.

Seasoned Pro

Think the mods should move this to the Lockdown thread as these are the really important life issues that we now have time to think about. I keep the biscuits on one side of my desk and the phone on the other. The biscuits get eaten very quickly but I only ever touch the phone if it needs charging or to block an annoying scam call.  I am now wondering whether or not they should swap sides or be inverted. Maybe tomorrow.....😫

Hero
Fixes: 5

@TeeGee wrote:

... I keep the biscuits on one side of my desk and the phone on the other. The biscuits get eaten very quickly but I only ever touch the phone if it needs charging or to block an annoying scam call.  I am now wondering whether or not they should swap sides or be inverted. Maybe tomorrow.....😫

Food for thought @TeeGee ...

This may help with your decision Smiley ...

t600x362

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=chocolate+telephone&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc8u2z35v...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

@RobPN  I wonder if they have them at PN towers.... so they can sweet talk people into signing up with PN. ? ? ?