Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cook yours :)

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

How do you cook yours :)

So its that time of year again where one of us has the job of making christmas dinner, im going to be doing it this year and i wanted to get some ideas on cooking a turkey crown.
Ive been told that stuffing butter with mixed herbs under the skin helps keep it moist and tasty, ive also heard people saying that putting pork fat over the top and cooking it is also a good way to flavour it.
So i was wondering how you did yours and if anyone had any little tips which could help me to improve as a cook Tongue Ive got a 9 pound turkey crown from tesco cost £20 which i dont think is too bad. Anyways do any of you cooks have any tips ?
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: How do you cook yours :)

I don't. I don't enjoy cooking at all and never have. If I can get away with letting someone else do it then I let them  Wink I've been known to do beans on toast occasionally but the last time I did that for someone I had to chuck it and make it again as they found a spider in it  Shocked
Given how the supermarkets like to bring stuff around earlier every year I think a more appropriate question will soon be:
How do you eat yours?

If you're anything like this guy it'll be "how do you drive yours?"  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

We have a duck which is obviously a lot smaller than a  turkey. We spit roast it  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I always find turkey crown a bit salty, so I prefer the classic Bronze turkey, roasted without foil in the oven breast down for the first 2/3 of the cooking time then right side up for the last 1/3 of the time (20 mins per 1lb or 500 grams). Cooking it upside-down keeps it moist.  However for cooking a crown try this link.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.