Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do they do that ?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

How do they do that ?

According to the news agencies.... China has successfully landed a space craft on Mars.

And... there is video evidence to prove it.....

Or is there....

My question being..... how did they get that video of a spacecraft, landing "on Mars" 

which clearly shows the underside of the craft, and a horizon in the background, and a shadow beneath the space craft ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9581113/China-lands-Mars-latest-advance-space-program.html

21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 74

Re: How do they do that ?

Not being an expert (or anything resembling one) on the subject, I can't really comment @shutter - but to say I'm more than a little dubious is putting it mildly.

John
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 191

Perhaps it's fitted with a selfie stick?

jab1
Seasoned Hero

@Baldrick1 or filmed in Chinas' version of Hollywood?

John
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

That was the first thing i thought of too @shutter .

I don't believe they've achieved it at all. I suspect the chinese propaganda machine has been highly greased and is now running at full RPM in order to make china look great to the world after retaliating for the Trump trade war.

Lets face it, china relies on its economy with the west. Trump massively threatened that and went all out to disrupt it. China retaliated. It's that simple.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

And... of course.... they have to "look good"  in respect of letting the COVID virus loose on the world.... (Just to see what would happen  ? ? ? ?   and how effective it would be in crippling world trade to the advantage of the Chinese trade...(  PPE anyone  ? ? ?   Oxygen machines anyone  ? ? ?  )

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Despite Putins cold war ways and "the old days were the best" attitude, he's not the threat.

China is.

Unfortunately it's now too late to halt the progress of the chinese state now that it's sucked up billions or even trillions in taxes from companies that we keep buying from.

As the United Krumble continues to try to please everyone but its own people I vote we just surrender to the chinese now and be done with it. The royal family is a disgrace, have no real decency and even Harry has given up and left them to it. We have MPs that don't give a damn about our national safety... why are we still soldiering on? - China could take our little island any time it wanted. If we end up at war with them it will involve worse weapons than covid.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Strat
Fixes: 514

As far as I know the only footage released by the Chinese has been a simulation of the proposed landing.

The US released similar footage before theirs landed.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit)

jab1
Seasoned Hero

Ah - so it probably hasn't happened - or if it did it wasn't as good as they expected? With all the shadows and clarity, it was obvious really, but as usual, the DM didn't make it clear this was a simulation.

John
Strat
Fixes: 514

Maybe they have footage of the landing shot by on-board cameras but no doubt there are many hoops to go through with the Chinese authorities before such footage can be released.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit)

jab1
Seasoned Hero

Fair enough, @Strat - but I'm more worried about the standard of 'journalism' displayed by the DM, to be honest. The 'Space Race' holds zero interest for me.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

@jab1 wrote:

the standard of 'journalism' displayed by the DM

🤔 🤣

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
shutter
Community Veteran

@jab1 wrote:

Ah - so it probably hasn't happened - or if it did it wasn't as good as they expected? With all the shadows and clarity, it was obvious really, but as usual, the DM didn't make it clear this was a simulation.

If you check out the top left corner of the video...... ( after the DM logo has gone)  you will see CCTV 13... which would inidcate that the "video" is emnating from China TV.

However, I am unable to verify that chinese at the bottom of the screen,... which (may) state that it is a simulation !

jab1
Seasoned Hero

OK, @shutter - as a 'DM' article, I only skim read it, didn't pay that much attention to the smaller 'details'.😀

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yep not the first time newspapers have lied.

I don't want to wind anyone up, but aside from being a comic anyway, I know why The Sun is not popular in some places in this country.