cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i change an answer? / funkyclock.com

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

How do i change an answer? / funkyclock.com

Ok so today i was selected to answer some questions for a plusnet survey. It was only about 4 or 5 questions with a promise of some offers at the end. Fair enough!
So.. i get to the end...:

Up to FOUR offers right?
So why then are only THREE available to me?

I'm not into skin care... not into weight loss super pills... and i've never smoked yet alone vaped...
So.. can i change my answer on the question about plusnet being good value?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: How do i change an answer? @Plusnet

Turns out (I thought it was coincidence) that this is apparently related to funkyclock.com which in its own right seems questionable and nothing to do with PN.
The site stated quite clearly that it was a plusnet survey.. I think PN need to take action against this as they will start getting complaints soon.
Anyhow looking at the google reviews for funkyclock.com ( https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=funckyclock+review ), i stumbled on the virgin media forums where they're discussing this too. Apparently there is also adware linked to these people however thats not the worst..
I was going to start a seperate topic about this however instead I'll post it here - below (and you'll be surprised to see even the DM are supporting this inadvertently):
You know i'm a follower of the daily mail website right? Right. Glad thats sorted.
At the bottom of their articles they frequently have these square links / stories:

Nothing wrong with that however those external sites are full of their own articles.. some of which (not all) are questionable.
You know me, i'm very skeptical of these things so i had to do some digging to see what the catch was.
Take a look at this:

Now everyone seems to love the iphone right? - Who wouldn't want one for just £1Huh
So.. clicky.. and something looks wrong straight away:

Yup.. domain and site name / logo are completely different.
So.. i looked at the rest of it and it looked almost convincing.. however you have to scroll down to the comments at the bottom - supposedly from a social network:

Nothing wrong with those.. except that the reply links don't work (the mouse pointer doesn't change for a start) and that comment i've pointed at was there LAST WEEK (when i first saw this) - yet apparently just posted in the last few hours!
So.. scrolling back up and reading through, apparently apple have lost a super big slice of the smartphone market and thus are handing these out like confetti for just £1 to regain their share.. yeah right. Anyway stocks are limited but if you sign up and hand over your £1, you WILL get one.
So just to see what is really going on, i clicked further - as i'm sure this must be catching a lot of people out.

Says it all right? - It makes it quite clear you pay £1 and get a nice new iphone 6. Oh.. and considering the comments claim they've just over 40 of them left, its odd how they're using a countdown that runs to over 3 days.. instead of a stock count!
Scroll down to the small print:

So.. if you have the fastest time, you win. This coming from a company that has said you WILL get your phone for £1 and then in the small print tell you that you have to play the games to win.. and you must win a game. Smell a rat? It gets worse:

Yup, £74 per month... after just a few days of the trial membership. So.. while you've thought you were guaranteed a iphone 6 in the post, you're waiting for a few days for the dispatch and delivery, meanwhile your trial runs out and kerching for the company because now you're worth £74 a month to them.
Oh.. and they will draw a winner from every 500 players:

In other words, you're not going to win anything, they've falsely advertised and tried to fool people into thinking a phone is hurtling its way towards them in order to get £74 from you.
Be warned people, this one is all over the web.
Community Veteran

Re: How do i change an answer? @Plusnet

Maybe a sticky post on the forums?
Grin
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Community Veteran

Re: How do i change an answer? / funkyclock.com

Never saw that before lol.
Lets hope the mods leave this here too as that topic isn't directly about funkyclock.com but it is linked to it and the word needs to spread.
Also the whois data for the domain name is hidden which is suspicious.. especially for a company that is fooling people.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

My solution is this;

"We would like you to complete this survey, blah blah blah,something about a brand or product, waffle about prize draws, etc., would you like to waste an hour of your life doing so?" - "No"
Grin
Community Veteran

I don't normally bother with surveys but for some reason i wanted to see what was at the end of this one - even though it stunk of a scam.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I just don't bother with surveys, if a company's doing well, the complaints department is quiet, and if they're being a pile of number 2, then the phones and emails and all that will be flying in, don't need a survey to work out the errors of their ways there... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah.... just read the feedback on the forums ! ! ...  Roll eyes
Steve
Pro

Here is a funky clock I found online. Don't ask why I came across it : http://www.eahdfoundation.org/world_live_clock.php