cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you have a new book -

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

How can you have a new book -

From an author that has been dead for 13 years?
Browsing the list of NEW book releases I saw 2 from Robert Ludlum ...  Sad
8 REPLIES
Devonian
Grafter

Re: How can you have a new book -

The same way as new Michael Jacko songs keep appearing!  Huh
Community Veteran

It always annoyed me when I bought a "new" book just to find all they had done was change the cover, making it look different.
silverfinch
Grafter

Goodness the money I have wasted doing just that. They also publish same books under a different title i.e. whatever it was called in America, then publish it under different name in UK and publish the American one in UK under the American name. last one I spotted was a Kathy Reich's one.
Community Veteran

Or like Dean Koontz you publish the same story under a different title or different author or both.
It can get confusing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It must be a ghost writer.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: silverfinch
Goodness the money I have wasted doing just that. They also publish same books under a different title i.e. whatever it was called in America, then publish it under different name in UK and publish the American one in UK under the American name. last one I spotted was a Kathy Reich's one.

It goes the other way. A Joseph Conrad book was publish in the USA with a different title because of a certain word. On yesterday's Pointless program the contestants were ask to name Joseph Conrad books and this book was a pointless answer but the full title of the book was not given as the word in question got Jeremy Clarkson into trouble and a local BBC radio present to lose his job.
Fixes: 125

In the early 80's my girlfriend at the time was reading a series of books by Virginia C Andrews.
She died in 1986 but a few more titles appeared soon after which where from manuscripts found, apparently, after her death.
Books are still being released under her name but written by ghost writer ghost writer, Andrew Neiderman. How can they still be published under V C Andrews name?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Fine if they are NEW, but the ones I noted are OLD books, just new covers/reprints.
E.g. I have read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, but he died before finishing the final book in the series (No 14!) the family let a co-author (who co-wrote the last 3 books) to finish the last book from the notes left by him. - I have still to read it  Shocked
As to publishing under another name, depends on the "owner" of the name. If it is the publishing house then expect loads more.