Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much ?

TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How Much ?

@ffox OK can see why you said google it. Looks as if it would be a very entertaining night but maybe not £250 worthThumbs Up

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Resurrected again!!! Scared myself silly yesterday. Looking to buy a new TV and having a browse around, one really caught my eye. I thought that looks a really nice picture. Then I glanced down at the price and did a double take (maybe even more). £3,599.00!!!

Do people really shell out over 3 and a half grand on a box of tricks? At that price, I'd have it bolted to the floor and armed guards outside. Grin But I must admit I was very tempted to say, what the hell. And it came with a 10 year screen warranty! Smiley

And did I buy a TV? Nope, came away empty handed. I've seen the screen I want and I can't afford it! Sad

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
harrym1byt
Rising Star

@Minivanman wrote:

The Mrs hauls around one of the Henry hoovers and whilst they do the job, lugging one up and down stairs is no fun so we had been looking at buying one of those Dyson types, but not at that price and the cheap and cheerful ones look just that, cheap and cheerful. 

I have an ancient Henry in my garage/ workshop, an upright downstairs, a second one up stairs, then a small wet/dry battery one which uses a portable tool battery for the stairs. Tucked away unused, we have a Kirby Heritage II complete with all its accessories and almost unused. Expensive as it was and good as it is, it is just far too heavy.   

harrym1byt
Rising Star

@idonno wroteCheesyo people really shell out over 3 and a half grand on a box of tricks? At that price, I'd have it bolted to the floor and armed guards outside. Grin But I must admit I was very tempted to say, what the hell. And it came with a 10 year screen warranty! Smiley

Technology changes so fast, who (apart from me) keeps their TV for that long? Little chance of anyone making a claim at 10 years of age..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@idonno wrote:

Resurrected again!!! Scared myself silly yesterday. Looking to buy a new TV and having a browse around, one really caught my eye. I thought that looks a really nice picture. Then I glanced down at the price and did a double take (maybe even more). £3,599.00!!!

Do people really shell out over 3 and a half grand on a box of tricks? At that price, I'd have it bolted to the floor and armed guards outside. Grin But I must admit I was very tempted to say, what the hell. And it came with a 10 year screen warranty! Smiley

And did I buy a TV? Nope, came away empty handed. I've seen the screen I want and I can't afford it! Sad

I guess you were looking at a OLED tv..........out of date.....don't buy.

What you want is a MicroLED tv !.........If you can afford it !

Wink

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well out of my league, but those with that sort of money do seem those all sense of reality. Maybe the pleasure is in the power of spending rather than watching?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Minivanman 

Out of your league ?

According to some people most pensioners are millionaires, what with free bus passes, good pensions, free tv licence and all the other stuff.

Clearly I went wrong somewhere in life.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Busted! Smiley