Fixes: 14

Re: How Embarrassing!!!

Grin
Community Veteran

Bet there were some red faces on the bus and not from the sun either Tongue
Community Veteran

there's some excuse for the driver not noticing this one as he wasn't on the bus, unlike the one a few weeks ago.
Euge
Grafter

Didn't that other guy hide in the toilet? I don't like using the toilet on buses either but it surprises me that no one used it. Unless he stood in there with some eau de toilette's
Community Veteran

HGV drivers used to get fined if illegals were found in their vehicle.  Don't know if this still happens.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

But why do they come here? are we such a soft touch as a nation? have we got such a good track record for social care, or is it a stepping stone to the USA and Canada?
If I was broke and destitute think I'd be tempted to try and head for Australia or Norway or perhaps Sweden.
Community Veteran

They certainly wouldn't get into America or Australia.  Both would not allow them to land and in the case of the US they would not be allowed to board a plane or ship without advance permission.  I imagine the same would be the case for Norway and Sweden.
We are definitely a soft touch here in the UK.  They can get benefits from day one and as they are homeless they get priority on the housing list.
jmd
Grafter

They do not automatically get benefits from day 1 - it depends on where they come from.
Community Veteran

But do you think we are an easy touch?  Why else travel all over Europe to get here.  Why else would they come?
Euge
Grafter

Probably because there are so many of them now that they can pretty much hide under the radar. Besides which once they're in we find it very hard to get them out even if they commit crimes in our country they just state that they would face persecution in their own country which is hard to prove otherwise.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I was watching a police programme recently, can't remember which one.
They stopped some people in a car and found them to be illegal immigrants.
While I'm cynical of TV (as it's so contrived), they said that they don't arrest them anymore as there is so many of them now.
So they're let on their way and told them to report to the Home Office, which of course they'll do rather than disappear Roll eyes
Great deterrent for crime that is .. the government can't control it, so they can't be bothered to enforce it.
Community Veteran

Fully agree Alex it's disgraceful.
Wonder where they got the car and managed to tax and insure it.