cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Angela is getting on after hospital.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How Angela is getting on after hospital.

Hi all
Some of you are asking how is Angela doing, well to get to Appointments Angela is using a wheelchair, her leg muscles are weak with ben in bed for so long.
It is a different world wen using a wheelchair, getting in and out of shops is not fun, moving about in shops is not fun, getting a wheelchair enabled Taxi is next to impossible.
2 from the Physiotherapist teem come out to see Angela on 21/07/2014 at 13:30 and was gone by 13:40 they said you don't need us, and with that they went.
Wen going to hospital Appointments we use the hospital Transport, wen Angela went to see Dr. B Chaplin at the South Tees Hospital on 28/07/2014 we got a NHS Transport there, back it was Saint John's Transport, that Appointment was a waste of time.
Angela went to the Clzapine Clinic on 11/08/2014 by Taxi what cost £4.00 more than Boro Taxis what we normally use, but Boro Taxis did not have any wheelchair enabled Taxis, it is shocking the biggest Taxi firm in the North East did not have a wheelchair enabled Taxi for us.
We are still waiting for a shower to be put in, sow in the meantime I am still having to give Angela a strip wash, what takes up to 40 minutes to do.
As always I help Angela in and out of bed  to go to the toilat in the night, plus I help her to the  toilet during the day as well.
Angela went with me to the Estates meeting on 11/08/2014 at 18:00 in her wheelchair.
Angela had a Doctors Appointment with the Asthma Nurse on 12/08/2014 at 15:30, I pushed Angela there and back in the wheelchair.
Angela still has a bed sore on her glutaeus maximus, what I am treating I got some ointment and dressings from the Nurse at the Doctors, the District Nurses have stopped coming out to see Angela, the Doctor said oh she does have a bed sore, and before they said it was healed up, yep it  showlly was healed up not!
Angela went shopping with me in her wheelchair to get some bits and bobs from the shops on 15/08/2014
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: How Angela is getting on after hospital.

I want aware of your situation, and to be honest I don't know how I would copper our indeed if I could. You seem to be coping admirably with a difficult situation, it's just a pity there isn't greater provision for people that need it.
I hope Angela makes a swift recovery.
I take my hat off to you, sir!
Community Veteran

Gary, good to have an update on Angela's progress. You certainly have a full time job looking after her. I am surprised, however, that she is still not walking. Have you discussed this with her doctor?  I think I would be having strong words with the physio team if they are visiting only for ten minutes and seem to be doing nothing.
Good luck in all you are doing.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@artmo, To Answer your Questions:
1) Not walking, yes we have discussed it with the doctor, it is going to take some time to get Angela back on her feet, with her been in bed for so long.
2) The physio team is not comming out
Quote from: Midnight
2 from the Physiotherapist teem come out to see Angela on 21/07/2014 at 13:30 and was gone by 13:40 they said you don't need us, and with that they went.

That did Annoy me, I need to speek to the doctor about it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the update, I often wondered how you were both getting on.
It certainly cannot be easy getting around in a wheel chair despite the improvements in some places to make it easier to use a wheel chair.
Please keep us posted.
Fixes: 125

One issue at my mum's bank when taking her there was that the lower counter with easier access for the chair and for people to write on the shelf was frequently closed making it more difficult for wheelchair users to write/sign documents and even see the teller. I did complain and subsequently did appear to be open more often but I felt it should be the one that remains open all the time.
It really isn't until you are a wheelchair user or a carer pushing someone that you realise the number of limitations that still exists.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nadger
Rising Star

Really sorry and also horrified at Angela's situation.
It's difficult for me not to run comparisons with my own operation for advanced bladder cancer just over 5 years ago at age of 74.
I had bladder and prostate removed and part of small bowel removed to create a stoma to right of belly button so I can wee.
Op took about 6 hours and there had to be an ITU bed available before surgery was commenced.
I was in urology for two weeks before being discharged.
Four weeks later I was able to walk into out patients for consultant's appointment - I was then told biopsy was good.
Wasn't allowed to drive for 3 months - we then renewed our passports and went to France by car.
It's as if we live in different worlds when it comes to treatment and support.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

May I know why Angela was ill?
I understand if you want to keep it private
I wish her a swift recovery  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks @OJ
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up