'Hoverboards' are illegal

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

'Hoverboards' are illegal

Hi All
Just seen this:
'Hoverboards' are illegal on British streets, authorities say

The two-wheeled ‘self-balancing scooters’ are only allowed on private land with the owners permission, the government has cautioned
The “hoverboards” that have taken over streets all over the world are illegal to ride in public, the police have warned.
The small vehicles are made up of a platform with a wheel on either side, and are ridden like a Segway but without the stick for control. They can only be used on private property, according to new guidance from the UK’s Crown Prosecution Service.
The police refer to the hoverboards as “self-balancing scooters”. Authorities say that they count as vehicles, so are banned from the pavement, but they are too unsafe to drive on the road so can’t be taken there either.
Read more at:
http://goo.gl/DMDEvi
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: 'Hoverboards' are illegal

Yet we let the old senile geriatrics ride around on their mobility scooters which are far more dangerous?
Most mobility scooters are in the 50-80kg range at a guess from the last time i handled one.. that could do some serious damage.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: 'Hoverboards' are illegal

And there was me thinking of a board that hovers, not sits on wheels which means it's not hovering... Roll eyes
Guess that means that Marty McFly's Mattel hoverboard (due to be released in a week or so, future day is just round the corner!!) will be perfectly legal, no wheels ever touch the pavement... Grin