cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Houses of Parliament to close for repairs?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Houses of Parliament to close for repairs?

There's a BBC report that the Houses of Parliament must close for repair. I reckon they should temporarily move to Manchester, to see the real UK. Alternatively become a virtual house with video conference meetings.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Houses of Parliament to close for repairs?

Or move to Edinburgh and tell that lot in Hollyrood to move to a town hall somewhere where they belong. The Scottish Parliament building will do nicely Roll eyes

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

"where they belong" ?Huh
Community Veteran

How about Strasbourg, they have a half used Parliamentary building Cheesy

Minivanman
Hero

Well for the English here I guess that would be Winchester but either way, we need to ship them out of of that now ancient and crumbling edifice and park them up somewhere else. How about taking over an entire Premier Inn somewhere? There's a nice one down in Brighton Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

The mind boggles at the thought of 600 berobed Lords standing on the platform at Lille train station waiting for connecting service to Strasbourg.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

How about in one of them disused lundun underground stations, lock 'em in and leave 'em there... Grin

Minivanman
Hero

Are there any? Maybe the old Post Office line.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Closed for repairs ?

I thought they had been closed since we joined the EU as Brussels made all the decisions and the place was just being used as an old boys club with food and drink being available to members at lower rates along with a host of other benefits only open to members.

Now that they will have to open again and take responsibility for running the country the ideal place would be in one of several poorer parts of the country so they could see how the other half live and certainly somewhere North of Watford.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Blackpool might be a good place, no problem with accommodation, lots of empty boarding house with others charging £25 for B&B.

Good bargain for the taxpayer and the ideal spot for parties and having fun, what more could we and they want ?