Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda Tumble Dryer Recall

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda Tumble Dryer Recall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48603753

This article on the BBC website this morning so if you have one of these dryer brands it may affect you.

10 REPLIES 10
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda Tumble Dryer Recall

@Mook 

Just so long as they don't recall our rotary washing line, we'll be fine. Tongue

Changing times, changing needs but we've never had or wanted a tumble dryer... and have no plans to buy one anytime soon. We even gave (yes gave) our dishwasher away in the end!

Community Veteran

We have a nice very large garden complete with rotary lines, but I've not used them in years and have no intentions to either. Why? Well by good fortune we have a lot of trees around us, but the down side to that is bird poo. There's nowt worse than bringing in the laundry to fold and put away only to find a crusty bird turd on it. It wouldn't be the first time that stuff has had to be laundered twice, but it will be the last.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well yes fair point, but to my mind there is nothing better, fresher or indeed cheaper than breeze dried washing. Mind you here in Wales the rain doesn't help!

agedgopher
Pro
Fixes: 3

When it rains on our washing we call it natures rinse cycle.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Unless you live near Port Talbot, in which case...  Wink

wotsup
Seasoned Pro

We have dehumidifier to keep house dry, and if we put washing on a rack in room and put dehumidifier on laundry mode - in an hour or two washing is dry, and with 200 watt motor cheap to run and actually puts more heat into room than it takes to run the machine. Drying washing outside is fine for people without hay fever ( washing collects loads of pollen ) and who do not have flocks of pigeons doing regular bombing runs over garden.

We do also have a condensing tumble drier which keeps all the energy in the house so augments the central heating, so costs little to run really.

The worst thing you can do is put wet washing on radiators or dry it in the house, it makes walls damp and mouldy and your central heating has to waste energy to evaporate the damp - dry walls are very efficient insulation - damp walls are not, and are a health hazard..

Community Veteran

I have a Samsung Condensing Heat Pump dryer that can be plumbed into the waste water line, but for as much as I’d like to do this I can’t find a multi ended pipe to make use of it as the current one is single and occupied by the washing machine.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@wotsup 

We often dry stuff in front of our wood burning stove when it's in use (we have no other real form of heating) and have never had problems with damp - but then ours is a well aired house with stone walls so maybe that's why but yes, you do need to be cautious when drying indoors.  

RobPN
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 4

@Mook wrote:

I have a Samsung Condensing Heat Pump dryer that can be plumbed into the waste water line, but for as much as I’d like to do this I can’t find a multi ended pipe to make use of it as the current one is single and occupied by the washing machine.

@Mook 

What do you mean by multi-ended pipe?  Is your washing machine waste just hooked over an open upright waste pipe or permanently connected to the waste, and therefore sealed?

IME there are quite a few variations on suitable waste fittings.

What about something like this?

Or this?

Besides ScrewFix you should be able to find something suitable at a decent builders merchant such as the likes of Jewson.

Good luck with it!

Community Veteran

@RobPN - The machine uses a single version of what you have linked to, and is exactly what I’m looking for. Thumbs Up