cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope for migraine sufferers

Fixes: 123

Hope for migraine sufferers

Migraine Pain Relief May Come with Mild Brain Shock
Recently, a team of researchers that includes Dr. Marom Bikson, associate professor of biomedical engineering in CCNY’s Grove School of Engineering, has shown that a brain stimulation technology can prevent migraine attacks from occurring. Their technique, using transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), applies a mild electrical current to the brain from electrodes attached to the scalp.
Repeated sessions reduced the duration of attacks and decreased the pain intensity of migraines that did occur on average about 37 percent. The improvements accumulated over four weeks of treatment and they persisted.

This could be welcome news to the millions of sufferers world-wide. I have suffered from Migraines since my twenties which increased in severity and frequency till last year when I was getting one every month (not the worst of cases but debilitating nevertheless). I haven't had one for around 3 months now - have no idea why but dread the next attack Cry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still