Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Homeless Hero

4 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero

Re: Homeless Hero

I'd not have given the restaurant my custom either then or ever again after that.

On a boys night out one of our guys was turned away because he was wearing a corduroy suit, but then that was Croydon back in the 70s. Tongue

Still, their place their rules I suppose.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

I remember when the word hero actually meant something.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Minivanman wrote:

Still, their place their rules I suppose.

Like the 'no homosexuals in my hotel' rule?

Minivanman
Hero

Not really no, as dress code does not (as far as I know) fall under any discrimination category - except perhaps if what he was or was not wearing had some sort of religious significance. Other than that, he might have had a case if he claimed to be transgender and was "just trying out a new pair of heels".

Muddy waters to be sure, and if you are going to ban anybody from a commercial premises such as this you need be careful. Silly as it sounds, could they have refused entry to a disabled black gay couple in bare feet and both pregnant...... just because they did not like the look of them.

Some might not like it, but surely 'my rules my house' must apply otherwise what about my rights to be a homophobic racist bigot and one that hates old people. But there again perhaps such rights, even if they do no harm other than offend, are not mine but are what other people and some daft law says they are. Next up for legislation, freedom of expression and opinion..... Oh hang on, I think they have got those covered as well.

I guess "happiness is" passing 70, with not much longer to go before leaving all this PC baloney behind. Crikey Blimey O'Reilly, what the heck happened to common sense. Roll eyes

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.