Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebase

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Homebase

Never purchased anything from them since the lockdown but frequently get emails advertising stuff...

Talking to a neighbour who ordered some items a month ago and not got them he questioned if they were going bust but continuing to take orders....when I pointed out things can go wrong with delivery he suggested I look at trust pilot...

Not uncommon for people to complain but over the past month or so the majority of feedback is one star with the same complaint about non delivery of goods....

Hopefully you have not ordered recently from them for home delivery..

We are born into history and history is born into us.
15 REPLIES 15
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Homebase

They're still going? Last Homebase I saw was bulldozed and a Morrisons built on top of its' grave over in Consett... 😂

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Our local Homebase has been replaced by a Safestore self storage Unit.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Last I heard was that homebase only had around £20-25million in the kitty and that was just before the lockdown was announced.

For comparison, B&Q who frequently portray themselves in the media as struggling (clever advertising), have around £325million in the kitty.

Draw your own conclusions. My local homebase was flattened years ago and then B&M built their own store from scratch on the site.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

The company I work for currently leases some equipment to Homebase - from what I've heard internally Homebase are struggling with money.
I wouldn't be that surprised to see them go pop.
artmo
Community Veteran

They currently have 152 stores and are owned by Hilco.

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

I remember when MFI went pop watching the Hilco lads in the warehouse do an inventory of the forklifts - having to walk round with them & the fleet list so they knew which equipment was leased from us & which belonged to MFI.
Luckily everything has easily viewable ID plates so matching up serial numbers was easy enough.

We did remove 9 reach truck masts for them as Hilco sold those trucks over seas.
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

If a large number of people are complaining they have paid for but not received goods, in some cases up to two months ago is it not fraud continuing to advertise goods when knowing your company is likely to go into administration ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
artmo
Community Veteran

They may think their financial position allows them to do so.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I ordered a ladder in late March from Homebase, they were £60 cheaper than anyone else.  Just got it delivered the other day,  now I understood why the ladder was not getting delivered because large things don't get delivered by Homebase and the company supplying / delivering the ladder ( Werner,  based in Yorkshire )  was closed down due to virus ( even their warehouse was closed ) - i did contact Werner directly to check.  I was worried at one time that I would become a Homebase creditor, but it was OK in the end.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

If you'd rung them you could have discovered what was happening.  Cheesy

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I did take steps to find out what was happening... but that's my stile...

was not going to let them stringer me along,  or take the riser out of me.

I was determined not to climb down.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@gleneagles wrote:

... is it not fraud continuing to advertise goods when knowing your company is likely to go into administration ?

It's definitely unlawful to trade while insolvent so their head of finance must consider they are ok, for the moment at least.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@artmo wrote:

They currently have 152 stores and are owned by Hilco.

The moment it's revealed that Hilco are involved with running a company you can pretty much wave it goodbye. They break up and sell assets from a lot of companies. It seems to be their preferred way of operating rather than keeping a company running.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I have long operated on the principle of not buying anything from any DIY shed that I can not physically carry out of the place myself (or that doesn't fit in my car)
In fact the last bulky item was a stepladder from Focus DIY - remember them?
That was when I lived in Yeadon and could carry it home!!
🙂