cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Office sending young girls back to Nigeria for genital mutilation

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Home Office sending young girls back to Nigeria for genital mutilation

There are times when I am ashamed to be British and this is one of them: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/uk-border-agency-please-review-the-fresh-evidence-submitted-fo...
It's been confirmed that tomorrow a Mother and two young daughters are being sent back to Nigeria where it is almost certain the girls will be subjected to FGM.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Home Office sending your girls back to Nigeria for genital mutilation

link just hangs - may be the site
Devonian
Grafter

You do realise that the immigrants here in England already forcibly do this to young girls?
It's such a problem that the government have set up a task force to tackle it.
At the end of the day, they have no right to be here, so they should be set HOME.
https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/ending-violence-against-women-and-girls-in-the-uk/supporting-...
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
link just hangs

Works for me provided javascript is enabled.
Community Veteran

These barbaric practices do not belong in any civilised society and those involved should be jailed and then deported, the same applies to forced  marriages.
Devonian
Grafter

Exactly.
But she is obviously using it as an excuse and the Home Office, who know THE FACTS have seen through it.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
These barbaric practices do not belong in any civilised society and those involved should be jailed and then deported, the same applies to forced  marriages.

So are you suggesting the British police go out to Nigeria to arrest and jail the likely perpetrators?
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Home Office sending young girls back to Nigeria for genital mutilation

Nigera?
No, but Bradford... Luton.. etc yes.
Community Veteran

I'm loosing track of your point here.
Do you agree that a child born in this country should be protected from the threat of FGM? If so how?
Sending the family back to Nigeria where the mother was forced in to a marriage with a man 40 years her senior and who's family want the children mutilated does not seem the correct way to ensure that!
Devonian
Grafter

My point is EXACTLY THE SAME is happening in England every day!
They have no right to be here.  The Government have looked over all the evidence.  So they should be removed.
If they are allowed to stay, then millions upon millions of others will be able to pour in to.
Before we judge the world, we need to sort out our own problems.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

its just another excuse for the scammers to attempt to enter the UK, also your not bearing in mind the more pertinent fact that these "asylum seekers" failed the first test by not stopping in the first EU nation state they travelled through in order to get to the UK, anyone who comes on a boat from Europe deserves there case to be chucked out and to be emplaned on the first flight available back home, the pure and simple truth is that if these people really and truly were seeking asylum they would be great full of a roof over there head and some food every day not travelling to where they stand the best chance of getting a free ride for life.
something that's been made 100 times worse by the Schengen agreement with officials in various EU states telling the illegal immigrants they will be allowed to travel freely across the EU if they state there final destination is the UK, and further exacerbated by the fact its been so easy to claim benefits multiple times over here (something the Nigerians seem awfully good at getting involved in)
I'd have more sympathy if they had been granted asylum in Italy (where they first surfaced) and had then travelled to a job over here as an EU citizen, but the fact they don't speak English (or at least claim not to) means there was no good reason why they travelled across Europe by road in order to claim status here.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you