cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Finance Software

Fixes: 47

Home Finance Software

Does anyone have any experience of Personal Finance software and maybe offer recommendations.
I currently have an old copy of Microsoft Money which seems to run on W7 but is no longer supported.
My other option would have been Quicken which is no longer offered as a UK version.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
15 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Home Finance Software

In our house we're a bit old fashioned and use a pen and paper.
Shocking isn't it
Will Moderate For Thanks

I'm trying to move with the times here....give me a break Tongue
Fixes: 104

We did try it, but in the end found it easier to use a book to keep track of it.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I believe there is a fairly involved spreadsheet available off moneysavingexpert.com, I dont recall exactly where it is.
Each time I looked at this type of software I always went back to my simple spreadsheet.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
nadger
Rising Star

Still using my copy of Money98 with both XPPro and Win7.
Have never found any reason to upgrade to a later version.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

I've been using GnuCash for some time with W7 and find it quite good. A Linux version is also available and its free. A word of warning though - I do have previous experience of double entry book keeping (sad I know!) but without this some of its features could be a bit confusing compared to the simpler approach taken by M$ Money.
http://www.gnucash.org/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Strat, Do I detect a note of someone newly retired/newly redundant/early retirement (temporarily unemployed) looking for something to fill the hours perhaps?
Otherwise, for home use M$ Money does take some beating I think, especially as its bundled free on some software, have a check in your collection, you may find you've already got a later copy hidden away.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Thanks for the replies so far.
I do seem to recall mention of a bug in Money (well it is Microsoft) that affected it's totalling Undecided but if it balances at the end...what ever Smiley
@Petlew, I feel a need coming on for greater control of my spending since my 'personal bank manager' passed away 4 years ago and not being employed currently by BP I don't have a 'substantial' leaving gift. Roll eyes
I'll probably stick with Microsoft Money for the time being unless anyone comes up with an offer I can't refuse.
Fixes: 125

I've been using Personal Accountz for years. Very easy to use.
They've now brought out Home Accountz which I have downloaded but haven't yet had a chance to evaluate.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jmd
Grafter

As I bank online I use my statement to check my spending..........................and ensure I am not getting any overdraft charges!  But have not used any other software for my accounts - perhaps because I don't have enough to need checking!
nadger
Rising Star

I think the main benefit of progs like M$Money is that one can plan everything in advance.
I tend to do all entries up to one month ahead which is handy with pension payments weekly and 4 weekly.
idlewis
Grafter

What about SAGE,  It is a financial software on Windows.  But you need to buy it and you can search for it on Google or Bing.
Community Veteran

I use SplashMoney as it's available for both iPhone and Mac… not the best piece of software I've ever used, but it gets the job done for my basic needs.
Denzil
Grafter

SAGE is expensive and a bit over the top for home use.