cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobbies revisited

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Hobbies revisited

I'm pretty sure I asked this a few years back but we have new members now so I thought I'd ask again!
I think I can guess Pluscoms.. electricals, techy bits and exciting stories to tell us about but what about everyone else?
What hobbies do you all have?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Hobbies revisited

Hi Sprite - Photography & Walking (Rambler) - used to be a radio amateur from 1983-2000 (morse code only!). What about your hobbies?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

OK... .
not in any particular order or preference....  depends on the time of day, situation, and how much time I have to spare..
Photography, including editing..... short wave radio, including construction of bits and pieces of equipment.... chatting by morse code over the internet... watching music videos on youtube,.... listening to music, ..... reading real books.... driving my car... this forum..... messing about with Linux Mint.... and other stuff with the laptop... Being "Mate"  on the Chichester Canal Trip boat Richmond. .....
there`s probably more, but I haven`t got the time to think of them now....  Cheesy
shalom2010
Grafter

Hey I read 'real books' on my Kindle Smiley
Razer
Grafter

A lot that are the same as most people, some of which have already been mentioned, others which likely will be. Otherwise, writing. In any case it can often be said that things which I do for pleasure invariably cause me pain.
Fixes: 47

'Playing' my guitars, reading and a bit of photography.
Quote from: shalom2010
I read 'real books' on my Kindle

Ditto.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer

things which I do for pleasure invariably cause me pain.

Interesting choice of words..... Shocked. care to elucidate?    Roll eyes
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I play the keyboard, by ear as I can't read music. I also enjoy walking, cliff tops and beaches if lucky enough to afford a holiday or local canals are a favourite. I also love anything techie, gadgets or computer related. I follow Formula One and have a general interest in cars.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: rja66
I play the keyboard, by ear...

I tried that but kept hitting the adjacent keys as well so gave up and learnt music Cheesy
I enjoy video and photo editing, my degree course is more of a hobby - sort of, a bit of cycling (no where near as much as I should), and, of course, participating in this forum Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Mav
I play the keyboard, by ear...

I tried that but kept hitting the adjacent keys

Oh dear! the old ones are the best...
dick:green Quote fixed.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I just knew when I wrote that, that someone would pass comment  Roll eyes - lol
Razer
Grafter

Serious lol at the 'keyboard by ear' stuff. Grin love it.
Quote from: shutter
Interesting choice of words..... Shocked. care to elucidate?    Roll eyes

Being aware that often I do something for enjoyment and it can end up annoying me (playing a pc game, editing a picture, whatever), it is a sort of pain. Practically, also, I may ride my bike and get a sore arse, or perineum (let's be specific lol). I may take an enjoyable walk on a lovely day with my dearest friend and my hips start to hurt, and so on. They are all very dull things to say, so I just did what I like to do, and wrote. I was also conscious of what else could be read into my sentence. Wink  It's an example of what I like to do with writing: changing the dull into something more interesting. I just love to play on words.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer
Serious lol at the 'keyboard by ear' stuff. Grin love it.
Quote from: shutter
Interesting choice of words..... Shocked. care to elucidate?    Roll eyes

I was also conscious of what else could be read into my sentence. Wink  It's an example of what I like to do with writing: changing the dull into something more interesting. I just love to play on words.

And mine too  Roll eyes  Shocked