cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ho! ho! Minister...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ho! ho! Minister...

I've just tuned into one of the "Gold" Sky channels, and watched a "Yes Minister" from who knows how long ago. I'd quite forgotten just how brilliant this series was. Perfect casting, especially Nigel Hawthorne.
Still as relevant today, as it was when it was made.
Top of my Christmas list is a DVD compilation of it and Yes Prime Minister.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Ho! ho! Minister...

Why wait? 17 quid and you can have it now Smiley http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HXDM0U/ref=nosim/bestbook-21?dev-t=D10SBASHC4I9Q1
Will Moderate For Thanks
Euge
Grafter

Because £17 isn't as cheap as free  Roll eyes
[rant]Fairly unrelated but I hate buy now and save £££'s, I'm not saving anything, I'm paying £££'s that I would not have spent otherwise [/rant]
I am too quite partial too some yes minister but not watched it in ages.
Lurker
Grafter

[me=James_G]just cancelled Sky.[/me]
He nearly convinced me to stay when he offered me a 50p saving for a service I had stated I have no ongoing need for, but I decided £17 in my pocket was better than £16.50 in his.
[me=James_G]works around 65hrs in an average week, and therefore have very little time for televisual entertainment.[/me]
Community Veteran

A complete boxed set of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister can be got for £15.93. Grin
http://shop.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/8561066.product
Community Veteran

I liked that programme, true comedy not like the crap they churn out now that is about as funny as a poke in the eye with pointed stick
alanb
Grafter

There was also a radio series of Yes Minister, based on the TV scripts, which is periodically re-broadcast on Radio 7.