cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmm talktalk LLU is coming on 28/2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Hmm talktalk LLU is coming on 28/2

So do I switch and save about £20 a month  Shocked  Undecided (TT Plus with anytime phone)  (see http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/ESGAL)
They are offering 1/2 price bb for 12 mohts  Cheesy
12 Month contract so not as bad as Oranges' 18 month one.
Only downside is the cr*p feedback they have - but I shouldn't need to use their help line unless something drastic happens.
If I do switch does this count as a cease on my adsl line?
26 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Hmm talktalk LLU is coming on 28/2

Right HB Where do you want me to start? Also If Peckham Pouncer sees this thread I'm sure you will get good Input from him Grin
Community Veteran

Well checking on TBB they seem to be better than they were 12-18months ago.
P2P seems hammered but I don't use that much anyway.
For me to get BB + phone for LESS than I am currently paying for BB from PN is a bonus (£25/month now + LR).
I think if it goes live on its estimated date I may just have to bite the bullet and move  Cry
Decisions decisions  Huh
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You are making a huge mistake If you go HB but that's just from my experience and that was less than a year ago, I'm sure It does count as a Cease on your line, Cant remember exactly, Hang off If you are going as you WILL get a better deal with talktalk through car-phone warehouse.
Community Veteran

Hmm we have a local CPW store in the town. Might pop in when I am down on Thursday for a chat about BB + Phone moving and see what they are offering.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont think it is a cease, and from reading you dont need a MAC to go to the Toilet
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I've just checked on-line and they don't seem to be offering anything at the moment however I do know that maybe 2 month back they were giving you free talk-talk broadband for a year but was a 24month contract, All you were paying was Line rental, Plusnet will tell you to ring customer options and I can tell you that when I rang PN customer options they gave me everything I had ( Plusnet Extra and Phone ) for about the same price I was going to be with Talk-talk.
Community Veteran

So no need for a MAC to transfer to LLU  Shocked I assume that you just have to raise a ticket to say "I'm off BYE"  Cheesy
Well they have a week before I call the options team - if I need to/decide to move.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

and then you get charged £25  Grin
James
Grafter

You wouldn't be charged £25 as cessation for moving to another LLU supplier.
Community Veteran

Thanks James. So what is the routine if I decide to move. just raise a ticket?
What happens to my credit on the VOIP phone or do I just try and use it up by calling the options team's 0845 number  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: Jameseh
You wouldn't be charged £25 as cessation for moving to another LLU supplier.
The reason for my comment was
A cease charge will not be raised in the following circumstances:· 
The End User line has been migrated to another ADSL service provider using the published migration process.· 
The End User line has been migrated to an LLU operator (either SMPF or MPF) using the published migration process. · 
When End User service is migrated to another BT Wholesale ADSL service and / or to another Communications Provider (CP) where a MAC code is used.
If Talk Talk do everything and the first Plusnet know about it is a ticket saying bye bye I have gone does that constitute a published migration process
Community Veteran

Given the hassle I had when I moved phone providers last time - I will be contacting both BT & PN Before I move (should I decide to) so that I don't get billed for a service I ain't got any more. I find it interesting that you don't need a mac to transfer to a LLU though - I know there are LLU Mac's around but is that just for LLU-BT transfers?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont know about that but a large number of people find it impossible to do a move in the other direction, either TT wont release them, or they cut them of and delete the line, number lost for good
mentalist3d
Grafter

I would be very wary of moving to TalkTalk, one of my relatives are on TalkTalk after they took over Tiscali, and there has been no end of problems. In the last year she has had 3 disconnection problems, all 3 lasted longer than a week. Calls to support always end up following the same script (Is the router plugged in? Reinstall the doftware, Virus check etc.), plus there call centre is located in India and sometimes it was a struggle for them to understand me and vice versa.
Changed her contract from unlimited to 40Gb per month allowance without notification.
She cannot watch videos in the evening starting from 6pm, between 12-2 her broadband suffers a major slowdown as well. She has had a ticket raised concerning her speed issues, which are still not resolved and has been ongoing for several months, yet they sent her an email to tell her, the line has been upgraded to @)mb so she should be getting even faster a speeds (her speeds vary from 200Kbs-800Kbps in the evening)
I would personally stay with PN or find another provider other than TalkTalk. I've heard BeThere are supposed to be a good provider: https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage