Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High tech delivery tracking?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

High tech delivery tracking?

Ordered two items from Tesco's a couple of days ago and have been advised by email that they would be with me at midday on Wednesday and that I could track the package on line - which I did and sure enough, on route for then they are. The trouble is, one of them arrived this morning.

I have also been advised by a company called AirCon (and one that I have never had any dealings with) that they will be delivering via DPD a package this afternoon and again on checking it's on route - along with a photograph of the driver would you belive, where he is on a map, and where this mystery package is on his list which is currently at number 22 out of 44 he has on board.

Curiouser and curiouser, and so much for high tech ordering, tracking, and delivery Crazy2

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: High tech delivery tracking?

Apart from the usual "out with courier for delivery" a lot of the extra info sometimes given out with some companies often is pointless.

For example the last delivery I had was left in a "safe place" simply because it arrived before the email that told me it was arriving.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I like the accuracy of some of the delivery tracking, just this morning I was awaiting a delivery by UK Mail, got an email saying it'd be between 10:32 and 11:32am, and the tracking didn't have a map, just a "job number" track leading up to mine, may be pointless to some, but if it means you can be around for a one-hour delivery window rather than waiting in all day, then it frees up a lot of wasted time... Smiley

And better yet, at least they know where exactly their driver is and was incase they deliver to the wrong house (which citylink was famous for before they went breasts up)... Smiley

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Have to agree it can be very helpful but only if it works and like so much else, when good it's great and when it's bad it's awful.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.