Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Noon

Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: High Noon

My favourite western 'The Searchers' with Big John was on the other day - I love that film and could watch it again and again.
My other favourite western actor is Audie Murphy one of the USAs most decorated WWII combat soldiers. Which always makes me smile when John Wayne for all his WWII films never served in the military.
itsme
Grafter

and the reason John Wayne did not serve?
Fixes: 208

Quote from: Mayfly
Which always makes me smile when John Wayne for all his WWII films never served in the military.
I'm quite sure that none of the actors who have played James Bond were former spies Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 123

Quote from: randpwar
My Dad always said that many westerns were made in Spain.

Ahh...the good old Spaghetti Westerns like the 'Man with no name' series mentioned earlier Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

There was me thinking the Spaghetti referred to Italy (also known as Macaroni Westerns).
Then again Paella Western doesn't sound so cool  Smiley
Edit: It seems that quite a few Spaghetti Westerns were made in Tabernas Desert in the Province of Almería in southeastern Spain.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Fixes: 123

Would a western made in Montana (for example) be known as a Beef Burger western?

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

Quote from: randpwar

My Dad always said that many westerns were made in Spain. Maybe he was reffering to the B movie westerns where Jack Elam was always the baddie that never quite made it to the end of the film

Your dad was right. Many westerns were made in Spain. Firstly for the landscape and secondly because they were cheap to make there. The other place used for many westerns was Arizona.

Would a western made in China be called an Eastern Western?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Modern Western - "The Native Americans appear to be making aggressive gestures toward the operatives of our Wagon Train"
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.