cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hieroglyphics

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hieroglyphics

Whilst this forum is supposed for english speakers/writers/and readers (forum rules), I found a nice site that will transform any word (s) including your name, into Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
If you want to put something different on your business card, or on envelopes you print off to send, then you can save the result......
Here is the link..... Main page..... http://www.upenn.edu/museum/Collections/egyptian.html
or just put the words into the box on this page......
http://www.upennmuseum.com/hieroglyphsreal.cgi/
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Hieroglyphics

I tried copy and paste of my name in hieroglyphics into this reply, but it wouldn't work. Should I report this to Microsoft?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Hi Petlew,  No.... I tried to do the same thing.... You can do a a4 print, of it, and you can "select all" and save it to your desktop.  you will get a folder with the title          hieroglyphsreal.cgi_files,          and another hieroglyphsreal.cgi.htm
The first one contains a series of .gif files that you could possibly put back together to make up the pic, then do something with PSP or similar picture editing prog....
If you just click on the original, and try and save it to desktop, you will only get the .gif of the bit you clicked on...
Undecided
Edit:-  If you save the .gif files in that folder on your desktop, then you can open up a DTP and copy and paste them onto a "blank sheet"  or into your letter head,  etc.,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Uhmm, yeah, Ok.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

...or you could convert it to Morse Code here.
PS I tried Hieroglyphics to Morse Code but it didn't work. Anyone know why Undecided
I tried reporting the problem to Microsoft but their Hieroglyphics department was closed for the holiday.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

They`ve gone home to their mummies for the weekend !  Roll eyes Grin Roll eyes
Loombucket
Grafter

I think where you lot are going wrong is assuming Micro$oft is geared up to translation using upper case letters.  Try again using entirely lower case and you should find the translation will work with Micro$oft applications.
....only then it'll be in Loweroglyphics.  Tongue
*Runs like Hell, giggling*
geewizz
Grafter

The solution is to download an application called Hieroglyph-fix.
Fixes: 47

That's fine but the Morse to Hieroglyph add-in has a bug...or was it a beetle (Scarab) Crazy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation