rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Hey hows it hanging .....

LOL ste are you becoming a tree hugger Tongue

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Funny how some bright people can be so balmy, not sure if I am spelling his name correctly but remember David Icky ? and his balmy ideas.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

I'd not dismiss any of this myself as there is a strong argument to suggest that all living things have at least some degree of consciousness and that being the case (and only a fool would dismiss such a notion) then it must also follow that In their own way plants can see, hear, smell, feel and it is possible they even have a memory.

Never say never unless you can prove otherwise. Life will always be full of surprises.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

@Minivanman

As a fool I dismiss it.

Most living things have a structure that can be clearly identified and in most cases it it clear how it works, nerves, brain, etc even with the smallesr of microbes and viruses we can see how they divide and multiply but in a tree or bush there is a distinct pattern of their life cycle which gardening experts have studied and written about over the centuries but I see little if any serious works that trees or other similar structures can think or communicate, the only exception being in films such as the hobbit, perhaps as the fool I am I also don't believe there are fairies at the bottom of the garden even though thousands do, so is it me that lives in fantasy world or others ?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Well it's the acceptance or not or what is consciousness. Why should we humans as a  living organism have it whilst plants (also a living organism) do not and if you accept that they do, then all else follows does it not?

If you accept the premise then you must accept the conclusion as long as there is no disconnection.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

On Pandora (Avatar) all life both animal and vegetable was shown to communicate and empathise.

It was ultimately the saviour of the planet.

Who knows....

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Well it's the acceptance or not or what is consciousness. Why should we humans as a  living organism have it whilst plants (also a living organism) do not and if you accept that they do, then all else follows does it not?

If you accept the premise then you must accept the conclusion as long as there is no disconnection.  

If you follow that theory it's not long before you are saying plants have feelings,and if you go down that road then you should cause no damage to plants and trees.

The science fiction writer Ron Hubbard demonstrated that plants react to damage by using a GVR (galvanic skin response) machine but then realised he was on to a good thing, started scientology and made a fortune .

But sadly there is no scientific paper that provides any reasonable evidence that plants have 'awareness' nothing to show that any plant has changed into some life form.

The clues are in the DNA of plants and certainly do not match those of any living thing.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

WHAT !!!!!! Triffids dont exist Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 123

They will have their dayTongue

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

rongtw wrote:

WHAT !!!!!! Triffids dont exist Smiley

They do in my garden Angry

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Runs counter to my arguement but I have heard of, "whispering Grass" although not actually heard it myself.

Wink

Community Veteran

And Clint talks to the trees.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

What I know about it!Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

Perhaps of greater concern is when you hear the trees talking back to you.

Wink