Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hermes Website Problems

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hermes Website Problems

I like Hermes well I must do as I've sent several hundred parcels with them over the last few years.

Anyway they are basically running two websites, at the moment, the old and the new as it were.

I suspect the old site is disintegrating or someone is plain messing with it.

So I went to log into the old site as usual, as it's far better laid out and easier to view, and up pops no user with that password / email address. So I pressed the link for the new website and of course the stored password logged in no problem. A hour or so later all working fine on the old site so just a passing glitch I thought. But then where's my latest parcel gone? It should be at the top of the active list "awaiting drop off". And it did appear a few hours later.

I was checking on delivered parcels and there it was at the top. Southern England to Northern Ireland in an hour or so. Made even more amazing by the fact that I was holding that parcel in my hand as I'm checking it on the screen. Of course on the new website it says awaiting collection. So that's all right then😟.

On the new website a banner has now appeared saying we need to verify your email address. You know how that is supposed to work. You click the link get the email, click the link in the email, and then the banner says thanks your email is verified. Nope didn't work. I suspect the verify email is just another glitch as why would they want to in the first place.

I'm starting to believe that Hermes has decided to let lithium run their website.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Hermes Website Problems

I use Hermes, but via Parcel2go, although I did get stung by them once. 

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I got used to doing the necessary. A picture of the parcel next to a ruler. Then when they went back to weights a picture on scales.

When you say to them - which parcel did you say was over weight or I could just send a few dozen pictures of the last parcels to look at - the over weight nonsense or oversize as it was previously quickly gets dropped.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I had a delivery via them a couple of days ago and what nonsense and not for the first time their tracking information turned out to be. 'Sent and with the depot' until 11.30am. 'With the driver AND delivered' fifteen minutes later.

What a waste of time, and typical garbage in garbage out information. The only information that was even half helpful was the delivery date given on the day of delivery!

Pointless information overload.

Still, at least it was not on a ten week journey from flaming China.

Highlighted
Pro

Glad this wasn't mine 😁

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I think all delivery services are getting a bit over worked.

I've had Royal Mail toss a parcel over a gate and sign a recorded delivery themselves.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

At least the "delivered" parcel is progressing sort of normally with the blank spaces on the right being retrospectively filled in.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@billnotben wrote:

I think all delivery services are getting a bit over worked.

I had a delivery yesterday (not by Hermes) at about 4pm. I was supposedly number 93 on the list. Using the online tracker, 2 hours earlier he'd been delivering No. 65 Rather him than me.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Have to feel for these delivery guys as they really do work under pressure but then that's how the world of manual work is these days. Those that work in the Amazon distribution centre are under the same cosh as well of course. 

The UK is having the bad taste of those overseas sweat shops that have been running for years and which we all 'support' with little alternative. 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

It's a bit late, but in today's local is this.Shocked

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Sheer volume, pressure, and human 'don't give a monkey's' because of it so I honestly don't suppose other delivery depots are much better... accept maybe Amazon for some reason.

When I first started work at the age of fifteen I had a stint working in the mail room of a large company. The one legged guy running the show used to work at the Mount Pleasent mail centre in London before the war and started off by showing me the importance of packing by throwing the parcel I had just wrapped across the room!

"That" he said "is how mail is treated" - and then chucked it back across and told me to try again.

True story.

Nice eh, and all for just £4 a week... plus a three shilling Luncheon Voucher each day. 😛