cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hermes Delivery

Fixes: 47

Hermes Delivery

My parcel was delivered this morning while I was out.
As you can see in the attachment it was delivered by one of the more unconventional means.
The garden wall is 6 feet high and he would have had difficulty seeing what was on the other side.
When I retrieved the parcel it did look as though it had been thrown over a large number of garden walls.
Fortunately nothing inside was breakable.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
35 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Hermes Delivery

Should have taken the wings off his feet and used those to fly it over the wall...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

unfortunately it is the sender that permits hermes to deliver this way.
as a sender you can allow them to delivery the item in a bin, under a plant pot, hidden under a shed etc etc.
hermes are not to blame, but the sender.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I very much doubt the sender said..... deliver this parcel by chucking it over the wall,.....
@strat..... I would be inclinded to photocopy that delivery note, and write a letter , via snail mail,... complaining about it...
Just because this particular parcel had no breakables inside..... and the delivery guy had no pror knowledge of the contents... does not give them the right to throw it over the wall...
As an aside... I had a delivery note through my door last week, from a Hermes delivery agent... left his phone number... which I phoned and left a message that I would be in the following day after 12... and he delivered it accordingly....
Community Veteran

having worked in the parcel delivery business for a period of 10 years i can assure you that the sender very much is aware of the various "delivery options" and they permit them to be used.
yodel are the same, to a certain extent.
problem is that when you get cheap delivery then this is the end result.
consumers don't want to pay delivery at all, or at the very least pay next to nothing, yet they still expect the same service as if they had paid £20 for the delivery.

Usually these days items have been left with a neighbour and both neighbours were in.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The delivery van was probably one of the modern ones equipped with a parcel mortar.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

I've bought the odd helicopter. If it was one of them, he could have flown it in.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is this the Hermes Delivery person?
  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

We have a door bell and a door knocker but several delivery firm drivers have a phobia about using these and just leave stuff on the door step.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Is this the Hermes Delivery person?
  Cheesy
I could think of a few captions for that photo unfortunately they would get censored.
Wink

Pity really as it was a large box containing 30 RJ45 boots, a battery for my Ethernet line tester and a hose extension for my vacuum cleaner which doesn't fit it. (it's going back for a refund).
Apart from that, a good day so far.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
We have a door bell and a door knocker but several delivery firm drivers have a phobia about using these and just leave stuff on the door step.

that's simply down to the fact that the delivery person doesn't need a signature for it to be classed as successful delivery - as per the terms that the sender has allowed for hermes.
these guys only get paid when they make a successful delivery, thus it is in their interest to have it "delivered" at the first attempt and as quickly as possible.
waiting for you to answer the door all adds up to seconds they could be using to watch TV.
all these companies like Next who use Hermes allow this to be classed as a delivery.. ie left in bin, hidden under plant pot, left outside front door etc.
as i said, you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
Community Veteran

@chenks76.
I Would have no problem with them leaving stuff at the door, ringing the bell and not waiting for a reply but if something was left in the evening it could be there overnight.
I wonder what the situation is if a customer claimed they had not got the item but it was showing as having been delivered ? No doubt they would get a replacement but would this cause any problems for the delivery driver ?
Community Veteran

I ordered some goods last week and delivery was promised for Friday via Parceforce. It arrived as promised at lunchtime, the driver knocked on the door and rung the bell and waited until I got to the door. Good service Smiley