cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres an odd thought..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Heres an odd thought..

You guys remember back in 2010 we were discussing the film 2012? - One of you said something about tunnels that had been dug somewhere and google maps had been adjusted etc etc..
Well the film scared the **** out of me and a few others.. plus many round the world.. thankfully that passed without an issue.
Anyway.. it was one of those films that had clearly had a lot of money spent on it and was one of the big hits that year.
Tonight it's on TV again. I thought I'd watch it this time without feeling sick (yes back in 2010 it actually made me feel ill lol). Anyway I suddenly found myself realising it was on channel 5 and suddenly thought to myself "what a cheesy film - it's on channel 5" LOL
That happen to anyone else here? - You judge a films quality by the channel it is on?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Heres an odd thought..

I avoid watching any films on commercial channels these days as the ad breaks a more frequent and longer which simply spoil the continuity for me. I don't even bother to record them because skipping over so many ads is just as much a PITA.
Having said that I did catch Magnum Force the other night on ITV4, I think. But I was in bed, seen the film many times before and too tired to bother with anything else Cheesy
2012 didn't have any effect on me; maybe because I never did believe in the end-of-the-world scenario last year. But I did enjoy the film.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

That also annoys me about films on commercial channels especially when there are adverts, a news update, more adverts, program trailers and then back to the film by which time I've lost interest.
Like Mav I also generally avoid films on commercial channels.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

That's what PVRs and skip buttons were invented for!
CX
Grafter

I love The Burbs, but ITV 4 absolutely butcher it whenever it's on. It isn't even the usual suspects in terms of language, but phrases such as "god damn" (but the word "[Censored]" c-r-a-p is fine). Doesn't seem very "manly" to cut a film for things like that. There is a reasonable TV version out there which has lines dubbed, but ITV just cut whole sections out, or over-dub a word from elsewhere in the conversation.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
Like Mav I also generally avoid films on commercial channels.

+1