cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Here we go again..

I think it was this time last year I posted a similar topic but..
My partner is upstairs making those wrapping sounds. Cutting up paper, wrapping things up, ripping up the sellotape...
Am I weird enjoying these sounds?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Here we go again..

Yes Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Why is she upstairs ?
The sounds would be even louder if she was downstairs so you would not miss even the smallest of sounds. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Bet your own present is something to do with Trains !
Razer
Grafter

No, I don't think you're weird for liking those sounds. I guess it's because of the association.
There's a particular sound I can think of right now that I love. Imagine a small box which might be made of something like soap stone, or perhaps it is glass, or metal. Open the lid, then close it. That little tapping shut sound ... OOH! Love it. Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
Bet your own present is something to do with Trains !

As much as I love them I don't really collect train memorabilia to be honest. I have a few bits of hornby track laying around but no PSU or train to run on it and I'm not really worried about building it up either.
I prefer gadgets instead. I love technical things. Considering all I bleat on about in my sig and avatar is British Rail and network southeast that must be a bit of a shock but its true! I love gadgets and techy bits and always have. I blame it on a distinct lack of technical toys as a kid. Others had all the latest and greatest and I was lucky to have cheap crap from a boot sale. Now I just want anything thats technical even if i get it free (broken) and have to fix it  Roll eyes. If it has LEDs, moving needles, displays, sensors or it's remote control I want it lol.
As far as the train thing goes, I just miss the network southeast livery and slamdoors. I travelled a lot on them as a kid and really miss them. Sure they were scruffy when they finally retired but they were also a lot more comfortable (plenty of sponge in the seats) far more reliable, quieter inside (no noisy aircon), you could open the windows and you could feel the power in them. These new plastic looking things are horrible. Sure they have some great features like LED screens telling you the next stop and security cameras but the seats are not comfy (too little sponge), you can't open the windows, you can't really feel the power or the "clunkety clunk" and you get the nagging automated woman every couple of minutes along with the noisy air con over head. I went on a 3rd rail electric slammer a while back at a heritage line (not powered by the 3rd rail but pulled by a diesel) and it must be said it was so much nicer than the new things for seat comfort, noise and suspension it really was.
Quote from: gleneagles
Why is she upstairs ?
The sounds would be even louder if she was downstairs so you would not miss even the smallest of sounds. Wink

I'm not allowed to be in the "at risk of peeping" zone.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!