cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is a question...!

AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Here is a question...!

Please can anyone say why: I have the feeling that the www and some websites in particular, but actually probably only some people believe that I am 'Gay'? I know I have little chance of the question being answered correctly, but one can never know.
By the way: I am not Gay.
Curious eh?
Andrew
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Here is a question...!

I think it would depend on what "kind" of websites that you visit were, whether they have a "slight, innocuous" lean towards the gay gender, would possibly throw up other similar sites.
As for people, in personal situations, it is the way they perceive you, or the way you "project" yourself..... again, this "projection" may be very small insignifcant things that other people pick up on, but you do not realise you have/do them....
e.g. if you see someone with old clothes on, your initial perception of them is that they do not have much money, ... however, they may  ( and usually do ) "dress down" to give that impression.  Next time you see a " gentleman " wearing red/pink/green/yellow trousers you will probably think they have no dress sense, but have a look on TV at some of the presenters who you "know" have money... theyalso wear coloured trousers...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mmm - you should see me in my lumberjack outfit - big boots, jeans, red check shirt, leg chaps and helmet. However before people jump to conclusions I do cut down trees and was advised to wear this kit during chainsaw handling lessons.
The word "Gay" is loosely bandied around nowadays and some people use it to provoke a reaction.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

And of course when I was a kid gay meant happy.
Then again sick meant poorly or vomiting unlike its use today.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RichAllen
Grafter

People have been accusing me of being gay for years purely because I watch wrestling, people still think it's all sweaty men in tights hugging each other, maybe it was 30 years ago but not now.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I can think of a number of adjectives describing wrestling fans some of which would not be very complimentary but oddly enough Gay isn't one of them
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

"gay people" are often misidentified due to their effeminate ways, basically anyone who speaks or acts "camp" is labelled as "gay" and duly given a wide berth being ignored as much as possible .......
the internet doesn't indicate if someone is gay, advertising targeting you with "gay" ads can only be generated by your personal browsing habits or shops you frequent .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Thank you all for your replies. Interesting.
I recently needed an eye examination and subsequently purchased new glasses, I call them my 'watch out, the boss is coming' glasses!
Next I bought a pair of dark wrap-a-round glasses: see below
(In my view I reckon I look 'real male heterosexual'.)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Quote from: AndrewLorimer
(In my view I reckon I look 'real male heterosexual'.)

What about now ?
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

HA HA ha, I look like the fish monster from planet 'We are really strange here'.
Oh and another thing: how come it's got my name on the file? I'll have some compensation please...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Roll eyes  filename fixed !  Wink
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

The Aussies would call you a bastard. I won't do that though, you might be a lawyer!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: nanotm
"gay people" are often misidentified due to their effeminate ways, basically anyone who speaks or acts "camp" is labelled as "gay" and duly given a wide berth being ignored as much as possible

A bit retarded really isn't it.
I had a mate years ago that was really camp but totally straight. He was always perving over women etc yet he did seem really camp - so much so that one girl asked him if he was gay once in front of a load of mates. Poor bloke was deeply disturbed.
Then there was another bloke I once worked with moons ago. Looking back he clearly had signs that he was gay but I never realised for months until someone told me lol.
Books and covers..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Here is an article that I've just read on 'The Spectator' website (http://www.spectator.co.uk)  titled: "Having it both ways" by Cosmo Landesman., 4 January 2014.
http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9106372/having-it-both-ways/ ,
Feelings we may have about our own sexuality, come from deep below: we are made from our history and particularly our early history (just post birth) and early babyhood and childhood, into adolescence and adult. At each stage we gather the understands that build us. The meeting(s) we have with others, and the touches we receive and give as well as the smells and other sensory experiences we register, all contribute to our understanding. We express this knowledge about ourself to others using our mother language; and the other knowledge we may have.
I am the son of my parents, and it is from my Mother that I learnt about the quality of touch and the softness and abrasiveness of speech. So that was my way, toward my own sexuality (in the true Freudian sense)...