cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Help!!

Whilst sealing an envelope on my laptop key board I have managed to press a combination of keyboard shortcut and inverted the entire screen image top to bottom, left to right. Not only is this incredibly difficult to work with I’m not a user of shortcuts, and don’t know the way to get the screen back to normal view again.  

Help please.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Re: Help!!

Move to Australia !?!?!?!?

Cheesy

Community Veteran

Well, I’m off to New Zealand in December, but I’d rather have this fixed before that if possible.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Suppose I should mention I’m not using the laptop for this topic!!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Community Veteran

You could try something like this ......

001.JPG

Maybe use a smaller mirror, so you can fix it easier, and still use the keyboard ! !

Community Veteran

Ctrl + Alt + One of the arrow buttons on the keyboard (I can't remember which !)

Community Veteran

@picbits See mooks post above

@Mook  Nice one !

Community Veteran

Thank you picbits, that fixed it. It is the up/down arrows depending on which ways you want to go.

Community Veteran

Yes, and thank you Mook, I saw picbits fix first.

Champnet
Pro
Fixes: 1

A stunt often pulled by the young bucks in the office. If I got called in I’d just turn the screen over and walk away. Easier to do with the old CRT screens.

Community Veteran

One thing I was really surprised at, was just how difficult it was to try and coordinate a mouse around the screen when its upside down, it goes against everything you normally take for granted. Would left-handers have the same problems I wonder.

Community Veteran

Shudda gon to specsavers ! ! ....   or used the mouse in reverse ( upside down ).  Smiley

Community Veteran

@petlew wrote:

One thing I was really surprised at, was just how difficult it was to try and coordinate a mouse around the screen when its upside down, it goes against everything you normally take for granted. Would left-handers have the same problems I wonder.

I have this issue a lot as we work with multiscreen monitors which are often rotated - I'm currently working on retrofitting a 32" 4K monitor in a 19" rack mount rotated 90 degrees - not sure if it will work but could be interesting.

Fixes: 158

When I'm gaming I have the 'look up/look down' setting reversed so push stick forwards to look down.

The default in virtually all games I have played is the reverse of this.

I spent a lot of time playing flight sim where in a plane you push the stick forwards to dive and backwards to climb.

If I try to play on my grandson's PS4 it's difficult to say the least.

I have had the upside down screen trick played on me and I really had to concentrate to reverse the setting.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)