Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Save Matty's Kidneys - Your signature could make the world of difference

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Help Save Matty's Kidneys - Your signature could make the world of difference

I don't know Matty personally but I was touched by his story when I read it last night and wanted to offer my support, I've already signed the partition myself but it would be really great if some of you guys can sign it too.

Thanking you in advance @MKSlinky

Matty, is a normal 15 year-old boy. He is intelligent, popular, loves to be active and has lots of friends.

Unfortunately he has a very rare and life-threatening condition called Dense Deposit Disease (DDD) which is slowly eating away at his Kidneys. Conventional therapies such as steroids have no effect on the condition and there is no recommended treatment available on the NHS.

Sometime soon Matty's Kidneys will fail and he will be forced on to dialysis and then he will need a kidney transplant. That's where the problems start though because - apart from the obvious risks of major surgery and organ rejection - the disease is likely to return and attack the new kidney.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. -- Read the full story in the link below Thumbs Up

Matty.jpg

Plusnet has a slogan 'We will do you proud' now perhaps we can do someone else proud and sign the petition to help save Matty.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SUPPORT HERE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Matty needs to reach 500,00 signatures, he still has another 114,738 to go before reaching that goal, with your support lets help Matty achieve this a bit quicker.

Thumbs up in the comments section below if you've signed Thumbs Up 

Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Help Save Matty's Kidneys - Your signature could make the world of difference

Thumbs Up

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Re: Help Save Matty's Kidneys - Your signature could make the world of difference

@Mayfly

Thank you for adding your support Wink

I must say I'm saddened by the lack of anyone else's support here but hey, I guess some people would rather do other things than help to save a young life.

Shameful !! Cry

Amendment to the above comments:

In an effort to keep the piece and prevent the risk of upsetting any more old timers, please do all that you can. Matty's parents have been campaigning hard to get 500,000 signatures for over a year now, please don't let his time run out before they reach that goal. Matty like lots of other sick children deserves a life too.

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Thumbs Up

John
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

MKSlinky wrote:

@Mayfly

Thank you for adding your support Wink

I must say I'm saddened by the lack of anyone else's support here but hey, I guess some people would rather do other things than help to save a young life.

Shameful !! Cry

Why is it shameful that others have other priorities? Yes those priorities may be worthy or not in your view, but they are not yours to pass judgment on.Angry

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern

Yes you're absolutely right, thank you for pointing out my obvious lack of diplomacy. It's not my place to pass judgement, I'll consider myself spanked! Cheesy  If I might coin your own phrase however, nobody has to agree with me either, it was just my opinion whether you liked it or not.

I'm a firm believer in good karma, reaping what you sow and all that. I was just a little disappointed that when I last checked 130 people had viewed this post and only 2 signed.

All that aside, the good news is that since posting here 95 additional people have signed Thumbs Up