Did you mean: 

Help Needed from IT Professionals

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Help Needed from IT Professionals

Hi All
Any IT professionals out there?  If yes I need your help
Ok what I need your help with is a PC program that will run on Windows XP and Windows 7 that will allow me to put in data on:
Angela's Health:

• Blood Glucose

• Blood Pressure (BP}

• Pulse Rate

• Temperature

• Blood Oxygen Saturation SpO2%

• Asthma Peak Flow

• Exercise

• Weight in Kilograms

• Height

• Meds

• Letters to and from the NHS

The data should be able to be uploaded to an encrypted site for say Angela's Doctor to see, or outputted in a format that is compatible with SystmOne that can be sent to the Doctors
Ideally what I am looking for is a clone of SystmOne that can be used at home!
My Doctors and the Hospital use SystmOne
So do you have any suggestions on what will do the job?
Plus what is cheep, Ideally free, I don't have millions to spend unlike the NHS.  Cry
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Help Needed from IT Professionals

If you speak to the practice management team at your surgery they may be agreeable to put you in touch with SystemOne to see if they have any ideas that may help you.
You could of course simply input your info onto an excel sheet which you can then send as an attachment to your GP.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@artmo, I looked for an excel template what would do the job with no look, the only excel templates I could find was for American Health information.   Cry
[Edit]
Oh as for speaking to the surgery manager it may be worth a try!
nanotm
Pro

if you don't get any luck then ask the local college or university it studies group to make you a database product that outputs the reports as graphs and also as data in a format that works with systemone, they will probably do it and then put it on the various app stores for compatible devices
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Thunderclap
Grafter

M.C. your personal requirments certainly do not need some juggernaut of a system, whether an installed package on your computer or a web based system.
I agree with Artmo. Keep it simple and use an Office like system running on your PC / Mac  - you just input those values into fields in a database. You then 'merge' that data into a custom letter to the Doctor using a template created in the Word-processor. Letters to and from the NHS are just be scans of those letters with, the database recording the filename and date.
You could build it quickly and for free, using Open Office ( the NHS would do the same for £27 million ).
You will need the Base and Writer components.
https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html
+++ Send a hard copy letter to your GP - it's unlikely he/she will have the skill/time/software to decrypt raw data.
+++ I tried to find out some technical stuff about SystmOne... but I need to arrange a visit from their sales team. I doubt their API is open in the way open source code is, so ignore that bit - unless anyone else knows how to 'hack' SystmOne?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Thunderclap
+++ Send a hard copy letter to your GP - it's unlikely he/she will have the skill/time/software to decrypt raw data.

Some GPs are more than capable to deal with info sent to them in various forms. I deal with my GP surgery in this manner many times albeit not on a personal health ifo basis. 
I don't think SyustemOne would want to get directly involved. I would imagine their system are contractually limited to NHS use.