Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

banana

Hello

Quote from: Peter
Don't really like the format/colours here
What's not to like?? I'm a first timer on here, & am totally chuffticated (is that a word?) with the colour scheme ...... but then I am a self-confessed purpleholic Smiley I even made it a priority to find out how to change the colour of my messages (I hope), but nothing much happens when I try to change the font Undecided
Anyway, thought I'd better make my mark, if for no better reason(s) than to:
a) redress the north/south imbalance (I'm a southerner living in the stix)
b) redress the male/female imbalance
c) redress the professional/amateur balance.
I'm very much an amateur compared with the rest of you lot, having only got my first computer (a Gateway) about 10 or so years ago - I managed to burn out the hard drive on that one, and on the next, & dread anything going wrong with my current laptop as my entire life now revolves around my puter (sad, ain't I? no, not really - just an MSer who needs to get out more Tongue).
My ex-husband made a living from IT, & convinced me that I'd never ever be computer literate Angry He did sometimes let me play Purple Turtles though, on (I think) a ZX81, & I once drove a Sinclair C5, through heavy Saturday morning traffic .... not sure if that's a good or a bad thing to admit to Embarrassed
Needless to say, I traded him in for a better model, & being now married to a man who doesn't even know how to switch a computer on makes me feel very smartCool My brother runs his own IT company, & helped me out a lot in my early days of computing; a little while ago we both did a 'How geeky are you?' test, & I scored waaaay higher than him in the geeky stakes Grin
Better shut up now, before I get rumbled as 'she who can talk type for England, but I look forward to making as much of a mark here as I do on other forums Embarrassed

Oh yeh, a question: how do I get myself an avatar (I quite like the pink shoe, though it'd be even better if it was purple)
16 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Hello

Lol, that'll be James' pink shoes you've been eyeing up then! James works for PlusNet.
If you click on profile at the top, then select "Forum Profile Information" from the menu on the left, then you should be able to set up an avatar there.
I'm also a southerner living in the sticks :-)  In Devon.
Anyway, a warm welcome to the Community!
banana

Quote from: LiamM
Hey, I'm in Devon too - that's where all the best people live! Grin Thanx for the welcome Liam, & for the advice .... couldn't find a decent purple shoe/boot piccie, but hopefully I've got something there now
Community Veteran

Interesting first post Cheesy
Welcome to the mad house.. err I mean Community! Wink
Community Veteran

Welcome Banana (although I thought you'd be able to find a purple fruit for your user name.) Roll eyes
Speaking as a total amateur, who has been helped out more than many times by the good people on these fora (and formerly on Free-online). Huh
Living in the south (Essex), and pretty nearly the sticks.  (Chelmsford is surrounded by fields) Cool
I hope you feel at home. Kiss
John
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: banana
Hey, I'm in Devon too - that's where all the best people live! Grin Thanx for the welcome Liam, & for the advice .... couldn't find a decent purple shoe/boot piccie, but hopefully I've got something there now

Devon is indeed where all the best people live! ;-)  I worked at PlusNet for a year but was lured back to the comforts of home just a month ago :-)
I'm in Mid-Devon, not too far from Junction 27 of the M5.
The avatar is looking good :-)
Community Veteran

Devon is indeed where all the best people live! ;-)

Not quite *all* Grin
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
holdtight
Grafter

Welcome banana its good to see a new face... so to speak  Wink
James
Grafter

Purple is the future.
banana

Quote from: rogerloxton
Interesting first post Cheesy
Welcome to the mad house.. err I mean Community! Wink
You mean this isn't the mad house? Damn, that means I'm even more lost in cyberspace than I thought I was Roll eyes
Quote from: hulls
Welcome Banana (although I thought you'd be able to find a purple fruit for your user name.) Roll eyes
Living in the south (Essex), and pretty nearly the sticks.  (Chelmsford is surrounded by fields) Cool
I hope you feel at home. Kiss
John
Well yes I did find 'a' purple banana, but it was attached to a rather raunchy fairy, & I didn't want to blot my copy book so early in my time here Embarrassed I lived near Chelmsford once, but I remember them as being very flat fields, whereas down here in the true stix we have proper hilly fields Cool
Quote from: James
Purple is the future.

Purple is not only the future - it's the past & the present too! There's a poem written by Jenny Joseph, which starts with the line: 'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple'; well I couldn't wait that long ......not sure that the colour of the Plusnet web pages was the most rational basis for choosing to sign up here though - but I got fed up with the way Demon's red livery clashed with everything I wore (are we allowed to say the 'D' word on here, or do I now have to wash my mouth out with soap & water?), & I never could abide the colour orange Undecided 
Anyway, thanx all for the warm welcome Smiley
Community Veteran

[ I remember them as being very flat fields,

You're right, proper Essex is quite flat.  I use "proper" as opposed to all those Londoners who say they're from Essex, but actually live in London Boroughs like Havering (Romford) and Redbridge (Ilford)
waits for the cry of anguish
But they are quite nice fileds. Smiley
John
brad
Grafter

I'm sorry but Kent is better  Cool  Grin
James
Grafter

Quote from: Brad
I'm sorry but Hertfordshire is better  Cool  Grin
Thou speaketh the truth, young shoeless one.
James
Grafter

Apart from football teams Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: James
Quote from: Brad
I'm sorry but Glasgow is better  Cool  Grin
Thou speaketh the truth, young shoeless one.

Indeed he has James :p