cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello ello ello

Community Veteran

Hello ello ello

Hello again,
the rumours of my demise are premature - just not been into this forum for ages i think and still a lot of familiar names  Cheesy
Mal
9 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hello ello ello

Nice to hear from you, it was 2nd December when you last posted, was begining to fear the worst
nadger
Rising Star

Damn, I knew we should have used a proper wooden stake  Wink
Seriously, really nice to see you back posting again, Mal  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Mal it was a year and four days ago when you said you were moving South, Did you
Community Veteran

Mal good to see you back again Smiley Smiley
Fixes: 47

Welcome back to the forum sir Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: mal0z
...and still a lot of familiar names  Cheesy

But of course - is there anywhere better? Welcome back.  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Thanks for the welcome back folks. Sorry if i caused concern -  it's just that these days i tend to spend a fair amount of time in other forums - such as MacMillans etc - where I contribute a lot.
One is interesting even in the context of Plusnet etc - is that the internet really has become a lifeline for a lot of chronically ill people and just as important  their carers;
it enables people to find people with common experiences and get support and help, and in return help others.
I do from time to time try to  discretely recruit people to the ranks of Plusnet - as so many seem to have a lot of difficulties with some of the other common ISP's. But for some reason it seems hard to get them look here.
Have I moved south - no. This is for a number of reasons. 1) lethargy on my part; its difficult to summons up the energy to get my current property ready for the market and sell it, but also I have looked very hard at the different merits of the English NHS and the Scottish NHS - and for someone like me with advanced prostate cancer that is a very very important matter.
Whilst i did seriously look at being able to be referred to Guys at London bridge, Barts in the city of London - or even the Royal Marsden in Westminster - all excellent top class hospitals; very sadly i have to say I do not like for a minute what the Westminster government is planning for the English NHS.
On the other hand , in Scotland we have an SNP majority government now, and independence issues apart - they seem so much better at issues such as health and social welfare.
Talking around amongst friends both in England and Scotland - I find almost universal preference for the Scottish model.
So although I have yet to move, i am seriously looking at moving in sheltered accommodation in Edinburgh where I have several friends already - and a church of which I am a semi regular worshipper . In addition I have there a centre of cancer excellence at the Western hospital in Edinburgh, who are involved with many trials - which i might need in a couple of years or hopefully more.
I hope I find you all well - or all least OKish :-)
best wishes
Malcolm

Community Veteran

Ello !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Madainn mhath
Ciamar a tha sibh?