cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello World - We're BACK!!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Hello World - We're BACK!!!

The United Krumble has let R&D go to the bottom of the priority list over the years and the country has suffered as a result. We don't build anything, develop anything, research anything or really care about anything...

But now.. we're reversing that. There's a story on our favourite news organisations site about the UK working on a laser weapon!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4090486/UK-military-building-Star-Wars-style-LASER-WE...

For once it's being done by us - here in the UK by a UK company - not an american contractor - yes really.

This is remarkable. The UK is slowly turning back to itself for getting things done - the proper way.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Hello World - We're BACK!!!

And if it's successful someone will come and buy the company out, just like lots of things invented here.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Nice to hear @7up but sorry to say we've had our place in the sun and apart from that post war 1950s/60s blip with aircraft design, it will not come around again.

Standby for some well deserved riposte Wink 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

gleneagles wrote:

And if it's successful someone will come and buy the company out, just like lots of things invented here.

I'd be surprised if the MOD would allow that to happen. We've got so little left to trade on that we need these advantages.

Remember that bloke who's built the engine for space travel that also works down here in our atmosphere? - He came up with the design years ago, put it through the patent office and thats when the MOD kicked in and declared it top secret - and banned him from working on it commercially.

This country knows how to look after its interests when it needs to.. but since we joined the EU and could get the rest of the world do to what we wanted by throwing cash around we didn't need to anymore. Thats slowly changing now.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!