Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating and eating out at home.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Heating and eating out at home.

Heating and eating outside at home seems to be more on the cards these days what with coronavirus and all.

Had the family over a few days back and with that is mind and the weather cool but not cold, it was no great shakes to eat outside - for as the Norwegians say and where it's quite popular, there is not such thing as the wrong weather - only the wrong clothing.

So is it going to be wrap up warm, work out some sort of heating, lighting and what best to cook that can be kept hot before serving (and without returning to those '70s fondues... unless you really want to) then how about something like one of these 

Ours packed up a while back but maybe it's time to think about buying another one. 

Cold and cosy? Not so sure m'self. 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Pro

Re: Heating and eating out at home.

@Minivanman Four weeks since your original post and things have changed considerably, not least the weather!

I am in a tier 2 area which means that your own family cannot visit you and come inside your house let alone trusted friends. For those living North of the Trent I recommend a full size BBQ, propane heaters and prehaps a firepit too! As for clothing I tend to buy outdoor gear from Rohan who have a superb jacket recommended for true polar climates!

If this situation continues I may well have to work out a way to get a dining table into the greenhouse if I am to have any social contact over the winter.

The raclette does look interesting but does each layer have its own heating element and are they independant? Our LeCreuset griddle on the gas hob is a good temporary measure but I do feel the need to be more adventurous. A Weber Q1200 BBQ appeals but there are some nice electric choices HERE.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Heating and eating out at home.

@TeeGee 

The raclette does have it own heating element yes, so it would jsut be a case of running out a cable with a circuit breaker of course. Really ideal I'd have thought for outside although up until now we'd only used ours inside.

Things have changed and although we eat outside as much as we can in the summer, the winter months are something else and something we've not tried yet - and a table in the greenhouse? Now theres an idea!

For heating outside (and as we use a wood burner inside) we've a large steel pot on a stand and a picture of which I posted up a few weeks back. Ideal for piling those logs on but again, yet to try that. 

Just need to sharpen a few stick and paint my face blue and I'll be good to go. 😃 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today