cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Pump Tumble Dryer Recommendations

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Heat Pump Tumble Dryer Recommendations

I've just been told that my existing Hotpoint Dryer is on a recall list!
But as I've had it for a good few years I don't think its worth getting the engineer out to do their 'fix' so I'm thinking of replacing it with a Heat Pump Condensing Dryer.
It's all very well looking at website reviews but I tend to take them with a large dose of salt, so can anyone who has one recommend a dryer?

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Heat Pump Tumble Dryer Recommendations

We got a Hoover NEXTRA 6KG condenser drier about 4 or 5 years ago, from Curry`s, and we have had no problems with it.... does a grand job, ... no hanging washing on the line and waiting for the rain to come and make it wet again ! ! !...
Community Veteran

We've got the LG - RC9055BP2Z - had it around 9 months now and no issues.
Seems to work, I don't notice horrific values on the energy meter either (currently going full whack with an overall house power consumption of 1.2Kw)
Time will tell on reliability but it certainly seems a bit more efficient than our older condenser dryer.
* Edit - just finished a cycle and it appears to have been taking around 600 watts while drying.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

We are in the same position and have a email to say a engineer will contact us in March to make an appointment.
My understanding of the situation is that fluff can get past the filter and on to the heating elements and then catch fire.
Some people have taken the back off and used a vacuum cleaner to remove any fluff including the vent pipe which can get clogged up, this might be a cheaper option than replacing it providing you feel comfortable with taking this course of action.
Community Veteran

Actually I could do that, taking things to bits and putting them back together is easy for me. But I really have had my monies worth out of it and if I did take it to bits and anything did go wrong...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ Mook.... yeah... but.....
you are already considering laying down cash for a new one.... so... if you take the back off. and you can "fix it".... you are "in the money"... if you don`t fix it... or mess it up good and proper... no real loss.. as you say... you have had your money`s worth, and .... as already stated... you are considering a new one anyway...
Cheesy
Community Veteran

Well my old dryer finally gave up the ghost so I indulged in a new Samsung 9Kg Heat Pump dryer that I got from AO and it arrived on Sunday so I installed it and on turning it on it played me a little tune, just to make me feel good I guess.

Once the laundry had dried it played an even longer tune, to let me know that it was finished. It also has a light inside the drum, and a clip in shelf an if I really want to I can monitor it via an App! It’s a tumble dryer FFS who needs an App.

Fixes: 47

With the app you can probably monitor the internal humidity of the dryer from anywhere on the planet where there is an internet connectivity Cool

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Our 30+ year old Hotpoint Liberator machine is still chugging on. Only replaced belts a few years back. Hotpoint's advice is to stick to it, only cleaning the filter (which I do every load as a routine). It is all the fancy stuff, made by someone else, that Hotpoint market now!!