cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy Jogging?

Community Veteran

Healthy Jogging?

On my way to play tennis this morning There was a female jogger coming towards me.  As she approached me I saw she was smoking a cigarette Undecided  Unbelievable Smiley
28 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Healthy Jogging?

One action cancelling out the other Roll eyes
I often seem to see McDonalds sited near 'Fitness' Centres Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
N/A

You are correct Strat - in our area there is a large fitness centre with a McDonalds a few yards away.
As for jogging and smoking - whatever 'floats her boat' so to speak. I find the demonisation of smokers a big irksome even though
I am now a non-smoker myself.
Don't think much of jogging as you end up with lungfuls of carbon monoxide from the traffic fumes (which is just as bad as smoking I should imagine)
and dodgy joints as they continually take a pounding on the hard surface. When they are needing hip and knee joints in later years they'll wonder why.
She's be better off going for a nice walk with or without a dog IMO.
Community Veteran

You're right Poppy.  10 years ago hip and knee ops were rare in people under say 65.  My hip surgeon now tells me he is operating on younger people and it's all down to exercise.  Makes you wonder doesn't it Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

When I first saw the post title I thought - now there is an interesting Oxymoron  Roll eyes
N/A

I've always thought that the best way to keep fit is to hang the car keys up and leave them there! After all, how often do you see an obese post person?
The young lass across the road from me is up at the gym at every verse end - how does she get there? In the car of course. She could walk it in ten minutes.
Must be thousands like her. Doesn't make sense, specially when you think of the cost of these places.  Huh
Community Veteran

Jim, you could be right, especially in light of Poppy's earlier post about injuries to hips and knees Wink
Poppy, I know what you mean.  If you go into the cafe bar at my club you'll find lots of people eating cake etc after exercise and drinking their lattes.  At least I try to be good and drink Americano Wink
community
Grafter

In my younger days, I always looked forward to Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
A group of around 7 of us , all after a day at work (one of us was actually a GP), would spend an hour or so pumping iron after a warmup run across the fields outside.
After the workout, we all joined up again at the bar and enjoyed one, maybe two pints of the amber liquid.
That was a wonderful evening out with friends  and the healthy part of it was the getting together and relaxing.
Never did any of us any harm and we all are still around and enjoying our retirement.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: poppy
You are correct Strat - in our area there is a large fitness centre with a McDonalds a few yards away.

Snap we have as well.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well, back in my squash and badminton playing days, after a hard match I was always famished, mind you I always made a point of eating very frugally before a match. Didn't really care a lot what it was as long as it was edible.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Opposite one of our local fitness centres, a Kentucky Fried Chicken, and yes you see people go from the former to the later...........
Community Veteran

Reminds me of a tweet of mine from a couple of months back when I spotted something very similar. Undecided
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hmm, a burger stall next to a gym. What were they thinking?

Money, Money.
Community Veteran

Maybe some of the girls are working their buns Wink Wink
jmd
Grafter

hope you travelled on foot or cycle to your tennis Artmo!