Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: Lidl offers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Heads up: Lidl offers

Lidl are doing super cheap magnetic trays from today - all at £2.49

small round tray (2 piece set)

small long rectangular tray (2 piece set)

Long wall mounted magnetic strip

Large rectangular tray - same as halfords (£7.99) - yes £5.49 cheaper than halfords

Long reach telescopic magnetic tool with integrated LED + telescopic mirror tool

They've also got battery powered soldering irons for a fiver and electric screwdrivers for £15. I stopped at the screwdriver.. now i'm home I wish i'd bl**dy got the thing lol.

Linky

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Heads up: Lidl offers

Why would anybody need a magnetic tray? Shocked

...... or clown masks at £2.49 Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I see they've got a very macho man using a screwdriver - is that to make it look bigger? Grin

I've got a non-Lidl £15 screwdriver and it needs recharging after every dozen screws.

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Why would anybody need a magnetic tray? Shocked

Dunno about anyone else but when i'm dismembering the car i put the tray on a metal body part such as the wing or door... then as i'm getting through the job i can just chuck the screws, nuts & bolts into the tray and know they won't roll away or get lost anywhere.

Same for dismantling eleectrical products like the PC - chuck the temporarily removed screws into the tray and they don't get lost.

I bought the halfords one moons ago and it has been very useful - for overnight car jobs you can even stick it under the car with all the bits in it - tucked out of site where no interfering people will see and tinker with the bits you've removed.

Sure they are a nicety rather than essential but for £2.49... it's a nicety i think many people would like to have - hence the heads up.

Community Veteran

Similar to Aldi.

Often buy stuff I think I will need then 6 months later see it in the store again and cannot remember if I bought it before.

Once got a set of long flexible grabbers, push the button at one end and claw like grabbers open, never used it for years until a few months ago, switching sidelight bulb for a led bulb which slipped out of my fingers and into the headlight housing, tried everything, blue tack on the end of a wire, small magnet on the end of a wire, then bingo remembered the grabbers and the bulb was recovered in seconds.

Community Veteran

I'd just remove the headlight and tip it backwards so it falls back out the hole lol... far easier on older cars admittedly cos some of those new ones are right bummers to remove the headlights on. We've got an astra like that... have to remove wheel arch liner, bumper.... the old renault is just pop the grille off and undo some nuts.

Anyhow... I do buy bits from both Aldi and Lidl but I don't have your problem - I always end up using what I've bought pretty quickly - within days normally if not the same day.