cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hayes Manual (3)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Hayes Manual (3)

At one time these manuals were very useful  but these days they are very limited in the information they provide.
Even the quality of the paper they use is not as good as it once was, if you have an old copy just compare it with a current copy.
I still buy these manuals but more for information about wiring diagrams than anything else.
Code readers are not that expensive so why do they not include a few pages showing what the various error codes mean ?
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Hayes Manual (3)

Quote from: gleneagles
Code readers are not that expensive so why do they not include a few pages showing what the various error codes mean ?

Possibly because they sell this? http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&produ...
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

At one time these manuals were very useful  but these days they are very limited in the information they provide.

@Gleneagles, since you have the definitive answer from Strat I hope you don't mind the topic being widened.
Yes, Haynes manuals historically were much more informative with masses of diagrams and job break-downs. However, modern cars have become far more complex to own and tinker with, so the potential for making disastrous expensive mistakes is somewhat higher. At one time I used to service and maintain my cars solely using Haynes manuals. But have not done so since my first Ford Sierra (mark 2), preferring to entrust them to those who know what they're doing.
Of recent years Haynes manuals have branched out into some of the most fascinating subjects including aircraft, spacecraft, naval ships and many others including human medical topics including sex!!
I have a number of these non-motoring books (not the sex one) including the one for the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Nobody in my opinion does these better. Pleased that they can't be obtained in Kindle or ebook format.    
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Strat

Possibly because they sell this? http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&produ...
interesting, I did not know they did that one, thanks for the link
Smiley