Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hay Fever

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Hay Fever

Nearly Hay Fever time again !!!
Which may have already started for some.....
Fortunately, no Tree or Grass Pollen near me this coming week.
And I'm surrounded by grass and trees, though no leaves on the trees yet.
Birch Tree Pollen is the first to appear, and I have a few Birch Trees !! !
Medication helps, along with HEPA Air Filters
Preventative Steroid Nasal Spray already being used.
Worst times of day, early morning until about 10am, and late afternoon into the evening
During the Hay Fever Season, no outside drying of clothes.
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Hay Fever

Had hay fever since I was a teenager but, last year was the first time I've needed medication to lessen the effect!  Cry
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Yes I was out today and noticed I needed to sneeze a few times. Never suffered from it until last year when I had my guts savagely ripped apart to fix a surgical error (oh sorry I mean 'complication' as he put it). Anyway after that I seemed to suffer with sneezes on hay feverey days. It was a real pain a couple of months after the surgery because i simply couldn't stop sneezing and with my guts all stirred up and stuffed back in with a toilet plunger and an 8 inch wound healing.. well it bl***y hurt  Angry Oddly once my guts stopped wanting to fall apart it went away  Huh
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

Tuesday 1st April !!
Pollen Count is low across most of the UK, but...
Pollution Levels are high, clearing northwards during the day (According to Carol)
And lots of Sahara Sand blown in !
Infinity
Pro

And now.....
After washing the Sahara Sand off the cars yesterday, once the sun had disappeared late afternoon ....
It's "Killer" Smog !!

HUNDREDS of thousands of worried Brits desperate for information about the killer smog engulfing the south and midlands crashed the Government's information website first thing this morning.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/372527/Hundreds-of-thousands-affected-as-KILLER-SMOG-hit...
Air Pollution Warnings UK Map, and Smog pix...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594730/Health-warning-smog-soars-dangerous-high-country-Peo...
And still the Hay Fever Season hasn't started here yet !!
For some reason, when I travel abroad, I don't get affected by Hay Fever.
One of my favourite places is the Flower Forest in Barbados.
There is a "Sweet" smell all over the Island, I wonder what that could be !!
Anyway, even in the Flower Forest, no hay fever, despite lots of pollen laden flowers !
If ever you visit Barbados, you must visit the Flower Forest...
http://www.flowerforestbarbados.com/
(I'm off there next week again, for a Holiday)
So hopefully I'll miss the start of Tree Pollen Hay Fever here.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK

So hopefully I'll miss the start of Tree Pollen Hay Fever here.
For some reason, when I travel abroad, I don't get affected by Hay Fever.
One of my favourite places is the Flower Forest in Barbados.
There is a "Sweet" smell all over the Island, I wonder what that could be !!
Anyway, even in the Flower Forest, no hay fever, despite lots of pollen laden flowers !

Looks like the timing is good, Birch Tree Pollen causing my Hay Fever starts low on Friday 11th April.
Guess where I''ll be !!
Infinity
Pro

Timed it just right.
No Hay Fever.
Aaah, that sweet smell, and the Whistling Frogs !!
http://www.gruenrekorder.de/?page_id=351

Infinity
Pro

So far, so good, absolutely No Hay Fever at all here. 
Two weeks no symptoms.
Including a couple of visits to the Flower Forest !
One of my friends back in the UK is suffering badly at the moment, the dreaded Birch Tree pollen.
Which is the main trigger for myself.
(Not many Birch Trees here !!)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Used to suffer like mad when I was young with Hay Fever, just put up with it didn't bother with a visit to the Doctors or other forms of treatment  but as I have got older it's almost gone, perhaps it's my immune system not being as efficient as it once was.
Community Veteran

On a "happier" note, I have suffered from the output of some noxious weeds in our local castle. Tried all sorts of the latest potion or pill but no joy. Then the GP suggested an annual injection (Kenalog??) which worked like a charm when applied in early June.  Then after some years he refused to supply it, on beings asked why? He said "too many people have died following injection and he did not to add to that statistic!" At least he seemed to be on my side, but it is back to the latest potions and pills before the end of May.
Sad Sad
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the injection also often causes something called bone doping which has life long effects .......
I fount cetirizine a few years ago which seems to work well and unlike most of the other pills I've been prescribed over the years this one doesn't actually have any dodgy side effects, however I do require to also use nasal spray and eye drops as the year progresses so its not all great ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Infinity
Pro

UK Online:
This week, 28th April to 4th May, is Allergy UK’s Allergy Awareness Week and as spring is the time of year when most allergies appear, experts from NHS England want to make people aware of the help that is available.
Common allergic disorders include asthma, eczema and hay fever where symptoms can include sneezing, wheezing, coughing, skin rashes and shortness of breath.
Dr Raj Patel, Medical Director from NHS England, said 
”We would urge all those living with these conditions to prepare for the spring and summer months by visiting their pharmacy and ensuring they have full supplies of relief medication.”
Dr Patel also added: “If you experience persistent symptoms and you think you may have an allergy, tell your GP about the symptoms you are having, when they happen, how often they occur and if anything specific seems to trigger them.”
NHS England is also reminding patients who have suffered a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to carry adrenaline medication everywhere they go and to wear a bracelet or medallion which can advise people how to help.

http://www.allergyuk.org/

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah they should of put that out back in Feb before it started to affect people, but like all public awareness campaigns they don't bother to run them until after there's been a number of allergy related deaths .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
itsme
Grafter

Are allergy related deaths seasonal? How many people die from Hay Fever?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I suffer from allergy’s not necessarily hay fever, some years back (about 10) I had a really hacking cough, and after several visits to the doc he said it's either Hay Fever or (forget name, one that is passed by air con water, kills people). We tried antihistamine and it went away. Unfortunately I suffer all year round, so have Critrizene & a nasal spray to top it as needed.
Pollen doesn't affect me much but it can be really bad in Spring and Autumn and Winter. Bit like my arthritis, bad when the weather is on the change like just now.