cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever seen an Angel ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have you ever seen an Angel ?

Have you ever seen an Angel, no I don't mean your partner or wife as I am sure they can be Angels at times, I mean the type of Angel the word commonly refers to ?
If you say no to that question then you must have poor eyesite, think about it, at some stage in your life you must have walked through one of those old graveyards with statues of Angels, or been in a church with Angels in some of the stained glass windows or been to a display of the old masters which sometimes included Angels in their paintings.
Now you are convinced, think about what all these Angels have in common..........Wings, common sense really otherwise how would they stay up in the air ? Until a few hundred years ago the only thing that stayed in the air were things with wings (with the exception of kites) so it made sense really for people to think Angels have wings.
So no I Have never seen a real Angel but it concerns me that so many people claim to have seen one ? Other than being under the influence of drugs is there any other logical explanation ?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Have you ever seen an Angel ?

Would you really want to see an angel as in the old biblical sense?
As they were seen as the warriors of God, armed and sent to destroy and smite evil in a very bloody way.
Angels in the modern and Hollywood way seem to be a completely different thing. More guardian angel than mercenary angel.
That said I can't say I've ever seen an angel.

mikko
Grafter

Maybe some people you pass by in the street are angels but you don't know it!!
mikko
Grafter

Pretty sure my wife's one but never saw the wings (!)
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have seen an Angel but not in the  biblical sense of a Angel, My aunty's and uncal's last name is Angel.  Smiley  Wink
Fixes: 125

I understand there's one in Islington Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I have.

(LOL)
Grin Grin Grin

Fixes: 47

I've been in cemeteries at night (I don't make a habit of it) but as far as I know I haven't seen an angel anywhere.
I was going to say living angels as opposed to statues and images but I assume they wouldn't be living anyway...would they Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just to clarify, would this be in the same category as fairies at the bottom of the garden?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazing what people will believe despite the lack of evidence.
Fixes: 125

Never seen any fairies at the bottom of the garden but I swear I've seen a few pink elephants Cheesy Embarrassed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Not to mention; pigs flying by...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Like I said never seen an angel but I still think I saw a UFO many years ago.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I once saw an obtuse Angle...  Smiley

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Had to walk through a graveyard one night or I was going to miss the last bus home, what did I see sat on a grave stone with Its back to me right almost In front of me? I thought It was a spirit, could It of been an angel?
As I got closer It just vanished and It never turned round and faced me thank goodness. Man that was an experience and a half and has kinda turned my beliefs on a few things upside down. I pondered on a lot of things that night after that experience about the after life In general.