Grafter

Have you bought / used an XHose yet ??

If so
Are they as good as they are made out
What are the Pro's & cons etc
They are sold in Asda / Argos etc however I have linked to the product website
http://www.officialxhose.co.uk/
1 con I can see for some
If / when using  static sprinkler, it wouldn't stay in place after the tap has been turned off Tongue
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Have you bought / used an XHose yet ??

I wondered what the post title was all about  - thought computers  Embarrassed
However that looks a really good idea
Much better than having the hose straggled all over the patio when not in use
I wonder how it compares to a rewinding hose reel system
A review
Comparison with Pocket hose and reliability remarks http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_978990&feature=iv&src_vid=4GbBl7d9v_M&v=0JKXUj...
Amazon customers aren't too happy http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00B71AY70 so I think it is a no from me
I see that the Pocket Hose is also available over here
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Good idea but very expensive. A hose reel and standard hose is cheaper.
TORPC
Grafter

I like the idea also
Once you’ve finished, simply turn off the tap and the XHose automatically contracts and “tidies itself away” in just seconds - making it super easy to store. Made from a tough, expandable inner hose and a folded outer hose made from super strong webbing, the XHose is like no other hose in the world. You'll be truly amazed at how much easier XHose makes your work around the house and yard.
UK PATENT GRANTED AND 13 ISSUED DESIGN REGISTRATIONS

@nozzer
Like everything the patents cost money & when they are paid off things usually get cheaper in time Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That X-Hose has been extensively advertised on Freeview ( possibly Ch34 or 19 ) for quite a long time now... usually the advert just "runs and runs" over and over for about 10 mins to fill a time slot between two progs around 0850 and 0900....
As others have said... very expensive... we have a hose reel on the wall....which keeps the hose in a nice tidy place, out of the way when not in use.... unlike the X-hose... which,  it seems... from the adverts... you just leave lying around until the next time you want to use it... which could be weeks or months.... how untidy for something so expensive ....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I have edited my post above to include links to reviews - not good I am afraid
Community Veteran

Just get a decent Hozelock hose and reel.
Fixes: 47

I've heard poor reports of this item.
I have a wall mounted hose reel with a handle for quickly coiling the hose in.
I also have another hose reel which acts as an extension to get round the front of the house when washing the car.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Awfull reviews, I was impressed untill I a had mooch around youtube  Grin
Fixes: 124

Discussed getting an Xhose with SWMBO but decided much too expensive for the use we'd get anyway. The ads certainly look impressive but haven't checked out any reviews.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I saw something similar on a Chinese wholesale site that I buy a lot of stuff from.
http://www.banggood.com/25-50-75FT-Flexible-Expandable-Garden-Car-Water-Hose-EU-Or-US-Standard-p-807...
gromittz
Grafter

banggood .com
sniggers
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Had a look at banggood site. Always interested in market places. A bit worrying that a lot of the items on home page have five stars BUT no reviews. I think maybe I'll give that site a miss. Huh
Community Veteran

Actually I spend on average around £50 a month on that site - they seem about as legit as they come.
I've never had a failed delivery although I did have a funny experience not so long ago with a faulty product.
I bought a module which could be used as a logic analyser but on initial inspection there were a pair of bridged pins on the microcontroller. I sent them an email and had a prompt reply asking for a picture of the problem.
Got a picture back and they offered to send me a new one, a refund or if I wouldn't mind, could I have a go at repairing it myself ?
I asked what would happen if I messed it up with the repair - the reply was - not to worry if I did, they would sort out a new unit. I managed to unbridge the two pins (very fine pitch and bridged under the device and let them know - they sent a partial refund as a good will gesture Smiley
They are seriously worth a look at - a bit like DX before they started raising prices and lowering service.
Community Veteran

Just ordered one of their xHoses for just over a fiver - worth a punt I thought!
Many thanks Dom!
Geoff,
York.