cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you been to yahell?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Have you been to yahell?

Mellissa Mayer (or whatever the crazy womans name is) must be really getting nervous now because along with destroying what was once the worlds best free email platform, she's also scrapped the ability to change your own account password (after hackers have repeatedly breached the yahoo network) and now the main yahoo home page is in trouble - all thanks to her wonderful leadership!
Courtesy of the Daily Mail:

I hope she gets the sack!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Have you been to yahell?

Thanks for the heads up - I visited for the first time yesterday as my mail through Windows Live Mail was playing up (I had to change the mail server from .co.uk to .com in the end). I still had to log onto the site to work out what the problem was - typical !
Fixes: 124

Thought I'd log in to my mail only to be met with a 'Page not found' (this from a link from Yahoo.co.uk). I was offered a link to my profile which also gave a 'Page not found' error.
I gave up at that point as I only use Yahoo for its IM.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I don't even use yahoo for IM now mav. That was always full of spammers and bots back then thanks to their careless attitude! Skype is ok but unreliable yet for some reason MSN bought that and shutdown their own msn messenger which was far more reliable and spam free! I know most of us dislike MSN but their messenger really was the best of the big 3.
Sure, skype runs on mobiles but its connections are not reliable. It's quite frankly a PITA.
As for yahoo, they've blocked my pop3 access for years. I agreed to the forced upgrade on my email and they turned it back on. Now they'ved turned it off again and refuse to admit it - I keep bouncing a ticket back and forth and they keep saying their engineers are looking into it but refuse to comment as to why the server keeps telling me its a bad username / password combo and that i've had too many failed logins  Roll eyes
I really hope they rot to be honest. The only snag is I'd prefer them to let me downoad my 20k+ of emails first  Grin No seriously thats another bone to pick too. The old yahoo mail would let you see how many emails you had not just in each folder but in total. This new one doesn't do anything like it.
RichAllen
Grafter

Last time I used Yahoo was 11 years ago, I had a small website hosted on Geocities.com.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Never understood why anyone on here uses anything but PN for their email.... been on here since 2007 and never had any problems with it... access it via thunderbird or via the webmail service. simples.
Community Veteran

Quote from: RichAllen
Last time I used Yahoo was 11 years ago, I had a small website hosted on Geocities.com.

Oh you mean that other service they also once offered and then destroyed..
I always wondered why they bought geocities to be honest as they shut it down within a couple of years. Why bother buying something like that if you don't want it?!
RichAllen
Grafter

Yeah, like when WWE bought WCW in 2001, and then put it out of Business and literally buried all bar a few of their wrestlers, such as Goldberg and Booker T.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Never understood why anyone on here uses anything but PN for their email.... been on here since 2007 and never had any problems with it... access it via thunderbird or via the webmail service. simples.

I wonder the same thing.  Plusnet with Thunderbird does me just fine. Smiley
Fixes: 124

I have my own domains of which 4 are hosted for free with PN (Names Servers only). Used to have all 5 hosted but I deleted one to add a new one then found out that they no longer support it for the Unlimited accounts although they will keep what I already had.
I have one Yahoo email address which I never use as it's only for their IM.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I have thought about it but there are a few snags.. PN moons ago lost a lot of emails. Thats something that has stuck in the back of my mind for a long time. Then what happens if we change ISP? - The account is lost - not good! Again if we move home it's more hassle too as thats an obvious time to look at other ISPs etc (something that home owners don't often need to think about).
There are many reasons to use a webmail over an ISPs pop3 service and those are just a few of them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Moved home 4 times since 2007 ( started with PN )... not lost any emails... and PN have a webmail service, so no problem accessing from other laptops, etc.. just log in, same as for the forum.  Easy peasy..  If you decide to change ISP, then you could still access your webmail, I suspect, as you will still be "registered" to log in....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Not without paying for it you won't
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You are lucky, no problems recently but that's not always been the case for me.