cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you been eating yours upside down?

Fixes: 125

Have you been eating yours upside down?

Crumbs, we've been eating McVitie's Digestives and Hobnobs all wrong! Firm says chocolate part is th...
What they thought was the top of their beloved McVitie's Digestives and Hobnobs is actually the bottom... so they've been eating them the wrong way up all these years.
It may be only a few days until the tomfoolery of April 1 but this is apparently no joke.
Matt Brown, brand director for McVitie’s told Mail Online: 'Certain chocolate-covered biscuits within the McVitie’s range - specifically Chocolate Digestives and Chocolate Hobnobs - go through a reservoir of chocolate which enrobes them so the chocolate is actually on the bottom of the biscuits and not on the top.

Didn't know that and, to be quite honest, can't see it makes any difference. Always put them out and eaten mine chocolate side up as I assumed it to be less messy.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Have you been eating yours upside down?

Easier to lick the chocolate off the finger than thumb.
TORPC
Grafter

@DomS
Did you not suck your thumb as a kid ?Huh
Try it as it as easy s breathing Cheesy Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I came up with this theory a few years ago and people laughed at me so i just went with the flow and carried on with choc on top.
You have to look at this logically: The normal digestive biscuits top, has the text on it saying "McVities" and usually a picture of a grain of wheat. The bottom of it is usually a criss cross pattern yet when they are chocolate biscuits the chocolate goes on the bottom of a normal digestive. Plus yuour tongue tastes the bottom of the biscuit so it seemed rather logical in that respect but people will be people..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It makes sense! Display them chocolate side up, so that people know they not choosing just a wholemeal biscuit, then eat them with chocolate side to the tongue.
I feel such a fool for not realising this before it was pointed out. Thank you Mav for this valuable lesson.
Update: Simultaneously typed similar thoughts to 7up.
TORPC
Grafter

It takes allsorts to prove it was all topsy turvy Cheesy Roll eyes
That said
Would cocoa chanel agree with you ?Huh