cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have You Missing Parents?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Have You Missing Parents?

Hi,this is a personal subject i dont mind sharing and hey you never know i may even find who im looking for here?how cool would that be!!
I live in scotland and saw an advertisement on stv for a new series that starts filming next year called "missing mums"
I have never in my life met my mother and im 35 years of age,according to my father she left for another man when i was just a few months old,cutting a long story short ive tried searching for her but with the little knowledge i have of her this proves difficult.
My father and me fell out over this issue and he cant remember anything seemingly apart from she left him for another man,even though he married the woman prior to me being born and im sure i was and am his and hers first born child,which in my opinion you would not forget.So i lost all respect for my father,i would of preferred ,loved,and liked him to have a decent man to man chat about this but its never happened and sadly i dont see it happening in the future either between me and him.
So i got in touch with this show that starts filming next year called "missing mums" they took a very shortened story about this and how its affected me and took her name although i only have her maiden name to work on.
So for anyone searching for a missing mum why dont you give them a ring?this might just be the breakthrough this time.
Keep the faith and never give up!!
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Have You Missing Parents?

Steve - I do hope that you find your mum and if you do that the meeting is amicable.
It's a great shame that your quite understandable desire to talk with your mum has caused rifts between your dad and you, but these are very deep feelings and sometimes people can't or won't see the other side.  Sad
It would have a great emotional impact if you did get to meet your mum so I hope that the programme is going to address these issues before going live.
Please let us know how you go on and good luck.
Fixes: 47

Thanks for sharing this with us Steve.
I also wish you the very best of luck with the search for your Mum and hope there can be some reconciliation with your Dad.
The rift will be hurting him even though he may not show it, men are like that Wink Smiley
Hang in there my friend Smiley
...and keep us posted.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thankyou very kindly poppy&strat,will certainly keep you posted,I posted this in hope of anyone else in a similar situation to myself but seeing as there not any replies in that sense i gather not or perhaps they just dont want to share it on a forum.
I dont mind sharing it on this forum as like i say you just never know she may be here and read this,if so and you think your the one send me a pm if you like,would like to hear from you.
In this day in age anything and everything is possible Smiley
Community Veteran

Steve - thanks for sharing this with us -
I'm sure you've tried many of the agencies that try to help -
the last programme similar to this - on mid morning - seemed to work with the Salvation Army - who are very active in this activity.
Sally Army
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi there mal0z i have had the sally army/national missing persons helpline actively looking for her for over two years,but unfotunately to no avail,they have searched everywhere and came up with zero,not long actually got a letter back from them wishing me all the best etc..they think she may be abroad and if thats the case thats an awfully lot of ground i have to try and cover Sad