cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Dorset Police nothing better to do

Community Veteran

Re: Have Dorset Police nothing better to do

I know what you mean it's scary. It's the same in the US and made worse by the lack of street lighting almost everywhere except city centres.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Perhaps I should have just put Wink

CATS EYES REMOVED
0129 359 817

Wink

edit...... thats not a  real number..... so don`t go ringing up for a price  Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: Santiago
Ok you got it on image 1
But the question was what is the colour of the studs at the slip roads for works units and the answer is blue

Interesting as I can fin no mention of the use of Blue studs in the Traffic Markings Manual.
[quote=page 43, Traffic Markings Manual]In the case of studs placed temporarily at road works,
the stud body must be fluorescent green / yellow. The
use of temporary studs is described in Chapter 8.
Community Veteran

Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Perhaps I should have just put Wink
CATS EYES REMOVED
0129 359 817

Wink

LOL edit...... thats not a  real number..... so don`t go ringing up for a price  Grin

Ok so that why there was no reply Smiley
Community Veteran

(Thanks to Al, who informs me that blue cats eyes denote a council vehicle access.)

Interesting, apart from the website quoted I have not been able to (so far) find any mention of this anywhere else.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no and its not in my book either, i personally dont beleive the link that santiago sent me in a private message as, i had a look at some other questions and they are definitely wrong.  i.e. petrol in derv.  i used to work for FMC as a vehicle tester and one test I did was to see how much we could dilute derv with petrol before we came to harm, it was quiet high, what stopped use was the effect on the flash point of the fuel, also it is practice in cold climates to put petrol into  derv to stop it waxing.. his " manual" says in no case must you drive a vehicle that has petrol in derv  Grin
Community Veteran

Of course I knew the info on the blue studs was not commonly available...that is why I asked the question. However I can assure there are blue studs at works unit slip roads...honest
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another place the supplied link is peculier
Motorway - which lane should I use?    Top
Keep to the left unless overtaking. There is no "fast" or "slow" lane on the motorway. The rules of the road are the same whatever the road:
Keep to the left unless:
    * turning right
    * overtaking
    * road signs or markings direct you otherwise
On the other hand, don't swerve in and out of the left lane if constantly overtaking slower traffic. Use your judgement and watch your mirrors.

since when do you turn right on a motorway?, you might take a right fork, but you definitely dont turn right
Community Veteran

Although I tend to agree it is actually possible on a roundabout / junction where the motorway regulations still apply.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

does that mean you can go round a roundabout at 70 mph if it is still covered by motorway regulations...... Huh Roll eyes
Don`t think I have ever come across a roundabout on a motorway, (except packed up and going along in a convoy belonging to a fair)  Grin
Not applicable

According to The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 (Statutory Instrument 2002 No. 3113) the only colours to be used on UK roads for reflective studs are Amber, White [or Yellow], Green and Red.
There is no mention of Blue studs being used, also, I can't recall ever having seen blue studs anywhere on UK roads. (And there are a lot of works units on the M62 between Leeds and the M18. (Part of a fairly regular jaunt of mine.)
I shall have to pay more attention in future to confirm my suspicions.
Not applicable

Quote from: shutter
does that mean you can go round a roundabout at 70 mph if it is still covered by motorway regulations...... Huh Roll eyes
Don`t think I have ever come across a roundabout on a motorway, (except packed up and going along in a convoy belonging to a fair)  Grin
Chain Barr roundabout (J26 M62) used to be, and certainly the Lofthouse Interchange (M62/M1) is (and has signs all the way around it reminding you that "Motorway Regulations Still Apply"
So yes, in answer to the question, you can still travel around it at 70mph if you choose. (Lots of people still do, although the traffic lights can make it 'fun' at times. Wink)
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
i.e. petrol in derv.  i used to work for FMC as a vehicle tester and one test I did was to see how much we could dilute derv with petrol before we came to harm, it was quiet high, what stopped use was the effect on the flash point of the fuel, also it is practice in cold climates to put petrol into  derv to stop it waxing.. his " manual" says in no case must you drive a vehicle that has petrol in derv   Grin

Can be as high as 20% petrol to diesel. In higher areas of Austria they seem to have petrol with 3 different octane ratings, compared to the rest of the Country which has only 2. The lower octane petrol I assume is to mix with the diesel.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

try the M1 Luton spur