Have Dorset Police nothing better to do

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Have Dorset Police nothing better to do

51 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Have Dorset Police nothing better to do

no its a good thing, people normally only change their plates so that they cant be found.. qiete how the police number plate recognition will do thjs is hard to see, do they have someone further up to road to stop those that the machine cant read? in my area essex cars with bad plates get a ticket from plod on foot
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Notice to all motorists in Dorset..... stay at home until Saturday  Wink Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Most of these systems actually rely on infra-red ...
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Can they get the idiots with their fog lights on needlessly whilst they are at it? Shocked
Community Veteran

Cry  is there a law against that too?  Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sure is - read the latest version of the highway code, if you can see more that 100 metre, they are illegal
Community Veteran

I wonder how much of the "highway code" is, in fact,  "law".?Huh
Perhaps this is starting another topic Huh
N/A

The highway code isn't law, any more than the suggestion that the countryside code is law.
I'm pretty certain that it has to be snowing (falling snow) or visibility less than 100m to use fog lights now, under the proviso that the dazzling nature of them when visibility is good causes a danger to other road users.
So its not illegal to use them in good visibility on a dark country lane to aid visibility, perhaps in conjunction with full beam headlights. However, one must turn them off and revert to dipped beams whenever there are other road users present who could be dazzled by your lights.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sorry the highway code might not be law but it does refer you to the law  i.e.  the road vehicle lighting regulation reg 25 & 27 http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069859
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Yeah peoples foglights really annoy the hell out of me. I saw some idiot today in Tesco car park with one headlight out, so he was using his foglights. I mentioned to him his headlight was dead and his response? "Thats why I'm using my foglights mate" (in an aggressive tone).
People don't give a damn about blinding on coming drivers these days.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

This is how it was explained to me a few years ago. Although not law it is the accepted standard. Therefore if you are prosecuted on a 'driving offense' that relates to you driving differently to the accepted standard it is up to you to prove that your driving technique was safe rather than the police having to prove that it was dangerous.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are but the fog light and rear fog light regs are the law.
Community Veteran

Of course the highway code is law!
I would  suggest you read it!
I might be asking questions later
Community Veteran

Not quite true.
[quote=http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070236]Many of the rules in the Code are legal requirements, and if you disobey these rules you are committing a criminal offence. You may be fined, given penalty points on your licence or be disqualified from driving. In the most serious cases you may be sent to prison. Such rules are identified by the use of the words ‘MUST/MUST NOT’. In addition, the rule includes an abbreviated reference to the legislation which creates the offence. An explanation of the abbreviations can be found in 'The road user and the law'.