cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had the 80% GDC from Churchill ??

TORPC
Grafter

Has anyone had the 80% GDC from Churchill ??

GDC meaning the Good Driver Discount
Or alternatively
Do you know anyone that has ?Huh
Seeing a repeated advert has prompted me to post Wink
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Has anyone had the 80% GDC from Churchill ??

With a full 'No claims discount', I found them to be one of the more expensive insurers- so have never used them.
I did ring LV for a quote when they advertised 80% for careful drivers but was offered 60 %. I asked why not the 80% , and was told 'no-one gets that because it depends on your postcode' , so I suppose if you lived on a lighthouse, garaged your car every night, had a top of the range security system and a massive voluntary excess there's a possibility you could get it. Cheesy
Community Veteran

The biggest problem with many of these insurers is that they often have a minimum premium.
Which is not exactly fair.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

80% discount against what though? - Their price 10 years ago?
See this is the problem, you rarely get a 'real' quote in order to find out what your real discount is - most just tell you the discounted price straight away so you never really feel like you're getting a discount anyway.
That said, I've yet to hear of anyone getting a proper discount. I've been with RBS (T/A Direct Line and also Churchill) ever since having a licence and I must admit I've got a bit fed up with their tactics over the years. I may switch in the next year or two depending on circumstances.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

Quote from: doris
so I suppose if you lived on a lighthouse, garaged your car every night...
I don't have a garage but I ticked the relevant box one year to test this out. There was no difference in price.
According to This is Money it can be more expensive.
In fact, in some instances it can be more expensive to park your car in a garage, as statistically you are more likely to prang your car whilst entering or exiting a garage than parking in a driveway.

Over recent years I have found many insurer's don't openly advertise their maximum NCD percentage but just the number of years you need to get it.
A phone call often garners that info but not always. Many I time I have obtained quotes both with and without NCD (add-ons such as Legal Assistance, etc are not included) and the discounted figure is usually nowhere near what it should be if the NCD was applied!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still