cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had problems paying by credit card via a proxy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Has anyone had problems paying by credit card via a proxy

http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-hexus-after-sales-support/266485-scan-not-accepting-transaction.ht...
I can see from the attempts that the payment sessions were attempted while you are located outside the UK as the IP address for 1 of the session is located in Canada and the other in the US respectively. If this is the case and you are currently outside the UK, then we would not be able to process any card payments.
I'm using privoxy its safer for online transactions. I will try one more time without privoxy.

It looks like not using the proxy has worked as I can see that an order has gone through today (23rd Nov) and has been authorised by the card issuer.
As a side question why would you use such a service for credit card transactions anyway
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Has anyone had problems paying by credit card via a proxy

Shocked
I'd never use a proxy for payment. You don't know what might happen to that data.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I have had problems recently. Though for the life of me I can't think why.
I get to completion and netbanx  returns an error message :

12311: Merchant does not accept payments
made behind an anonymous proxy. 

I have contacted netbanx who tell me that I am behind an anonymous proxy and either I have changed my settings myself ( I have not) or it is settings from my ISP.
Most strange - even more so as I can complete transactions on Ebay without trouble ( maybe they want my money more).
Fixes: 104

I've not had the problems paying for stuff behind a proxy.. but then I run the proxy I used.
Will Moderate For Thanks