cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Has anyone ever....

Seen something on a Lidl promotional poster and actually found it in store for sale?  Angry
14 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Has anyone ever....

Very rarely tbh, as it is typically sold out before I or SWMBO could get there when it comes to a bargain, (around here people can be like swarms of bees for the pollen),  & some then resell on Ebay or similar auction site(s)
Community Veteran

Quote from: doris
Seen something on a Lidl promotional poster and actually found it in store for sale?  Angry

I don't go chasing promotional offers. I prefer to do my shopping at quiet times even if it costs a few pence more.  I like to get in and out of a store as quickly as I can Wink
Community Veteran

I've never had any problem getting an Aldi offer as they always seem to get ample stock for theirs.
But with Lidl it's a rare occurrence.
From talking to a few people including some staff I get the impression that it's a case of big posters small stock.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: doris
A few months ago they were advertising some uplighter LED lamps for £39.
Went to the local store the same morning and they had none but they phoned another store a few miles away who did have them and they put it to one side for me to collect later in the day. So full marks there.
When we first visited this branch it was a fairly scruffy looking place but it looks a lot better now so they are certainly getting their act together.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yes but only if you get there extremely early - they often sell out of their proper bargains extremely quickly.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

They could have a problem with Trading Standards if they don't have adequate stock to back up advertising, unless they add a rider in their terms and conditions along the line of 'Only 10 per store'.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It's very frustrating though, when you see something advertised and they have everything else but what you want.  Angry
I still prefer Lidl over Aldi though. Smiley
Community Veteran

@artmo experience has taught me that trading standards are only interested in chasing after little companies - bigger chain stores they never seem interested in for some reason.
TORPC
Grafter

It's because the small firms haven't got the fees to hide behind the extensive legal teams Lips are sealed
Community Veteran

It really isn't that hard with the Sale of Goods Act and the Small Claims Courts. Trading Standards can always explain your rights and suggest a course of action.
Community Veteran

Yes but the SOGA doesn't really apply if the store never had the goods or only a small number of them  Crazy
Fixes: 125

But Trading Standards (and ASA?) would want to know if they are advertising in full knowledge that they wouldn't have enough stock to meet demand. This is called bait advertising.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Doubtful, these companies have big legal depts / budgets as pointed out previously.
TS are only interested in chasing the little people who can't defend themselves.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I have seen items still for sale well after the release date, but it varies depending on what the unit is.
I have also seen (and been in the q) @ Aldi at 8am for an item which was limited supply.
Maybe it is 'cause I live in a "poor" area things last a bit longer than in the "posh" areas ;-)